Joycon durability??

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by trigao, Aug 15, 2018.

1. trigao
    OP

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    Hi guys, im concerned about a thing
    Despite i think the joycon is well builted and solid, the buttons imo arent, i mean, its just a tactil button like gba sp
    I very worried about its durability using in heavy duty games like bayonetta ,mashing in megaman x collection or even hyrule warriors
    I just dont play those kinda games because of that

What do you guys think?? Am i being over cautious?
    Im in my way to get a pro controller tho

Somes can say i can buy another joycon if mine broken, sure, despite the fact where i live a SINGLE joycon can costs about 65 USD, a pair about 120 USD and a pro controller about 110 hahahahaha

2. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Nothing lasts for ever. Start saving.

3. mikexd

mikexd Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2009
    El Salvador
    Yup, Joycon durability is crap. I just finished replacing my lock-latches since they got worn and joycons would start to fall off the console. And I dont think it will b too much before I need to replace a joystick.

Best you can do is hard-gaming with a pro controller

4. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    The Switch in its entirety is one of the flimsiest and most poorly manufactured Nintendo device I've ever had my hands on. The amount of issues that can come from purchasing a brand new console is ridiculous. However, they've at least made the console incredibly easy to service. If you end up breaking something, it's not hard to replace. The fact that the controllers pop right off the console is a godsend for repair. Broke the whole left or right side of your console? Buy a new one!

XxShalevElimelechxX likes this.
  5. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I see you have never held a 2DS or new 2DS XL. If there were expensive devices built like a literal childrens' toy, it is them. I'd say they were impressive if the 2DS wasn't such a piece of shit with no 3D, no internet switch, one speaker, and a single screen pretending to be two.

6. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    I mean I had played 150 hours of botw and 90 of Hyrule warriors on the same joycons no issues

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    As long you don't crazy with using your joy con, you should be fine, I play handheld mode like 95% of the time and custom made one, and my joy cons are fine. Then again everything is replaceable since you can replace the joy con and the tablet if needed since transferring, is allowed.

8. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Haha, I had a 2DS! You're right, being advertised as it was, it certainly wasn't as durable as its advertisements had led people to believe.

9. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    After around 200 hours of BotW and 100 hours SMO, the a and x buttons on my right joycon aren't working very well anymore. They either stick after being pressed for a moment, or produce a weird noise. I'll probably replace the joycon in the coming days.

10. Captain_Smek

Captain_Smek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2018
    Canada
    I've had to replace joysticks and latches on a few already they are really not the same build grade as the switch pro controller sadly.