Hardware Joy-Con locking mechanism broke :/

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My left Joy-Con's locking mechanism broke. I can pull it off with ease without pressing the button. What do I do? I live in Romania, there's no way Nintendo could fix it. My Switch still has its warranty, though.

Thanks for the help :D

D

Deleted User

My left Joy-Con's locking mechanism broke. I can pull it off with ease without pressing the button. What do I do? I live in Romania, there's no way Nintendo could fix it. My Switch still has its warranty, though.

Thanks for the help :D
If the switch has a warranty than nintendo will fix it as long as you mail it to them. That sentence is a bit contradicting unless you voided your warranty by opening the left joy con

If you're unable to mail the device your only hope is to try a macgyver fix yourself to try and keep it in place the best you can. Such as double sided tape, or velcro

Reactions: Xzi

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is a weird named US state. /s
Can't you send it to Nintendo for repairs?
I think most repairs for the EU end up coming to Germany anyway, so it may take time.
But AFAIK, and in my experience, they will change or repair it without making you go through a lot of trouble.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the switch has a warranty than nintendo will fix it as long as you mail it to them. That sentence is a bit contradicting unless you voided your warranty by opening the left joy con

If you're unable to mail the device your only hope is to try a macgyver fix yourself to try and keep it in place the best you can. Such as double sided tape, or velcro
I didn't void my warranty. I didn't open my Joy-Con.
That is a weird named US state. /s
I didn't want to change my flag. Nobody has anything to do with my location unless I actually say it.
Can't you send it to Nintendo for repairs?
I think most repairs for the EU end up coming to Germany anyway, so it may take time.
But AFAIK, and in my experience, they will change or repair it without making you go through a lot of trouble.
No Splatoon 2 for atleast a month? Come on now, nobody would wait that much ;-;

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
D

Deleted User

I didn't void my warranty? I didn't open my Joy-Con.

I didn't want to change my flag. Nobody has anything to do with my location unless I actually say it.

No Splatoon 2 for atleast a month? Come on now, nobody would wait that much ;-;
If you don't want to wait for it to get fixed officially your only hope is to rig something up to hold them in place

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you could as well use this opportunity to buy one of those Splatoon themed joycons while you wait for the repaired one to come, because you know, consumerism.
I'm saving for something else.
If you don't want to wait for it to get fixed officially your only hope is to rig something up to hold them in place
It isn't falling out. I can just push it out without pressing the button.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if you bought it in a retailer and live in europe, usually you can also bring it to the store you bought it, they will send it to repair, usually by nintendo.

D

Deleted-355425

well that didn't satisfy my question, if you didn't do anything it couldn't of broke surely?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fun fact: I didn't. It just stopped working.
Yeah, that can happen.

They will change it/repair it if you bring it to the store or send it to Nintendo, you may have to wait a week or two.
Is there anything else you can do meanwhile, so you don't die of boredom due to not playing Splatoon2?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'll just ask for a replacement :wink:
if you bought it more than 15 days ago, they will not give you a replacement right away.. they will send it to nintendo who decides either to repair or replace it

PS: for a direct replacement (during the first 15 days) you would have to give them the whole thing back... including the console box and it's contents

but your country rules may differ.. but i do believe the rules in every european country is basically the same

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that didn't satisfy my question, if you didn't do anything it couldn't of broke surely?
Eh, maybe my friend broke it. He likes to mess with the Joy-Con :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sad that it roke... Good luck with that waiting time..

D

Deleted-355425

I'm not doubting your situation or anything, i just want to know what to avoid so mine dont break. One already 'creaks' and has a bit too much play when trying to wobble it around when its locked into place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself