Jim Ryan PlayStation CEO Retirement

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Jim Ryan current PlayStation CEO is set to retire in March 2024. Jimbo has been working for PlayStation since 1994 for a total of 30 years.
30 years is practically the entire PlayStation lifespan from Ps1 through to the current gen Ps5.

With three decades of his life invested in the franchise he leaves behind a successful legacy business-wise, although he was not loved by fans like prior PlayStation CEOs such as Ken Kutaragi(aka Father PlayStation), Kaz Hirai, Jack Trenton, etc.

No word yet on who will replace Jimbo, but the rumor mill is active with Herman Hulst formerly head at Guerilla Games of KillZone and Horizon Zero Dawn/Forbidden West fame, being one of the names being touted as one possibility.

https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/News/Press/202309/23-0928E/

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe they will get a replacement that actually releases games on the ps5 :creep:
Hope its not another CEO like what they've got at Nintendo to DMCA PlayStation hacking videos.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after jacking up Playstation plus prices he just says FUCK YOU! to us i swear if we meet in real life i'm going nail your ass in a few way's i can't say.

• Haha
Reactions: Bladexdsl

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after jacking up Playstation plus prices he just says FUCK YOU! to us i swear if we meet in real life i'm going nail your ass in a few way's i can't say.
Wait, wasn't Playstation Plus already $60 for a 12-month subscription? And the guy thought people would just be "okay" with a price hike and respond that way to opposition? At least Microsoft stepped back their price hike plan (for now) when that was openly opposed.

This guy, however? Yeah, he won't be missed, and I would not be surprised if he has enemies.

Reactions: HellGhast

HellGhast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
As far as corporate wise is concerned Jimbo as PlayStation CEO is considered a massive success...for making a butt-load of profits for $ony.

Good riddance, only $ony Shareholders will miss you Jimbo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and I used neither my phone or my pc today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was out for most of the afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall...