Hacking Jewel Quest Homebrew Released

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just played some of it. Pretty good. Nice that you can create your own levels since it only comes with 5 built in. Don't think it has wiimote support but I could be wrong. I used a GC controller, because that's what it says to use in the readme file.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
damn so it doesn't work via HBC? then i shall wait for another version that does, cant be bothered loading TP everytime i wanna play Jewel Quest.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of something.... maybe you guys can't read french. LoL....

This program was built around the Homebrew Launcher.... not the Channel. It checks for the files in
root:homebrew/jquest

Add folders "plateau1-5", and files "nbrniv.txt" and "jquest.elf" (be sure to rename it "boot.elf") to the directory listed above. then run using the homebrewlauncher (0.4 is what I use).

* It also says that if you want to install it to a different directory, then you must change the line #68 in the main.c file from 'Homebrew/JQuest/' to whatever your install directory is. You must then recompile the files.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
jinxvorheeze said:
I just thought of something.... maybe you guys can't read french. LoL....

This program was built around the Homebrew Launcher.... not the Channel. It checks for the files in
root:homebrew/jquest

Add folders "plateau1-5", and files "nbrniv.txt" and "jquest.elf" (be sure to rename it "boot.elf") to the directory listed above. then run using the homebrewlauncher (0.4 is what I use).

* It also says that if you want to install it to a different directory, then you must change the line #68 in the main.c file from 'Homebrew/JQuest/' to whatever your install directory is. You must then recompile the files.

alot of hassle just because the maker doesnt follow standard "everything must go into the root"

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
DjoeN said:
Time for the homebrew programmers to add HBC support (All hombrew goes in the folder \apps)

HBC Support? As in "Exit to Homebrew Channel" choice in the menu?

yeah that would d be good...

I think she meant coding programs to to loaded from the homebrew channel. Jewel Quest goes in the "homebrew/jquest" directory when it should go in the "apps/jquest" directory. And alot of the linux based player/emulators all need different directories on the root of the sd card instead of in the programs folder in the "apps" directory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom