Hacking Japanese Wii 4.3J region questions

LyleGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhh im new to this softmodding stuff but I have a japanese wii and i was able to get homebrew,modmii,priiloader because i cant read japanese games and the region lock thingy.
My question is can I play "iso games" from other countries (like english countries)without the worry of region lock now. Or do I have to use "anyregion changer" and change my region to american to play those games.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you wanna play burned disc games, newer wiis won't allow you to.

You can use usbloader Gx to play wii games of your flash drive and change their sertings to force play on a Japanese system.
So no need to worry about region lock.

You can also play English games if you have a actual wii disc.

Aractus

Trophies
Website
blog.aractus.com
XP
Country
If you want to play retail discs from other countries, you can load them from a back-up loader using a cIOS, rather than the disc channel, without the need to worry about region hacking. Also, you can use priiloader to set region-free gameplay from the disc channel. As for loading backups from USB/SD - you don't need to worry about the region. Easy! You should absolutely NOT use any region changer.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I had to use Any Region Changer to play some WiiWare games on my Japanese Wii, FFIV being a notable one. Donkey Kong Returns also is very stubborn (though DKR could have been d2x related and fixed by now).
As a rule in general, I agree it's not a good idea to use it casually though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ