Japanese Wii 4.3J region questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LyleGuy, Aug 10, 2013.

1. LyleGuy
    OP

LyleGuy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    Uhh im new to this softmodding stuff but I have a japanese wii and i was able to get homebrew,modmii,priiloader because i cant read japanese games and the region lock thingy.
    My question is can I play "iso games" from other countries (like english countries)without the worry of region lock now. Or do I have to use "anyregion changer" and change my region to american to play those games.

2. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Do you wanna play burned disc games, newer wiis won't allow you to.

You can use usbloader Gx to play wii games of your flash drive and change their sertings to force play on a Japanese system.
    So no need to worry about region lock.

You can also play English games if you have a actual wii disc.

3. LyleGuy
    OP

LyleGuy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2013
    oh tanks man how do i close thread

4. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Honestly, i don't know. I don't think you can actually i never did.

LyleGuy likes this.
  5. Aractus

Aractus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2013
    Canberra
    If you want to play retail discs from other countries, you can load them from a back-up loader using a cIOS, rather than the disc channel, without the need to worry about region hacking. Also, you can use priiloader to set region-free gameplay from the disc channel. As for loading backups from USB/SD - you don't need to worry about the region. Easy! You should absolutely NOT use any region changer.

6. d.d.d.

d.d.d. GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2012
    Tokyo Metropolis
    Actually, I had to use Any Region Changer to play some WiiWare games on my Japanese Wii, FFIV being a notable one. Donkey Kong Returns also is very stubborn (though DKR could have been d2x related and fixed by now).
    As a rule in general, I agree it's not a good idea to use it casually though.