ROM Hack Japanese file-analyzer / translator utility?

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is anyone in such a thing interested? I made a simple prototype. It is not finished in any way, but i am working on something useful for the community.

The following screenshot is taken from Inazuma Eleven 1 - 2- 3 Legend of Endou Mamoru, analyzing part of the unitbase.dat

upload_2017-5-27_15-46-13.png

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a neat idea. Are your plans to make it an universal application that works with "any" game?
I have only thought about Nintendo games, but if you put it this way,yes. It would work with any file you can provide. Of course it wouldn't work with pictures and as such, but with pure data :)

The most important part for me is the auto-translation function imo.it can be the first hint for translating stuff. I am not sure if it is working for whole sentences. You can ignore the translated text too. The "New Value" column will provide the changes, not the "Translation" column.

Reactions: Issac

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, I meant "any 3ds game" actually :) It's a really good idea, and I guess it might be useful also to find the text.

I'm still struggling myself to find the text of an old DS game, but I won't give up! Haha!

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Insight2k The addition of auto-romanization to Kuriimu would be very nice. Do you think you'd like to add this feature to Kuriimu?

@Issac Which DS game are you looking at? I run a fan translation discord where we help all kinds of projects get off the ground, usually using our translation tool suite Kuriimu.

Reactions: Milozaki

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Isaac - Don't worry. The most common problem is the investment you have to put in to get what you want from your game (translation). I am lazy and, unforuntately, not in the position to translate japanese stuff. That's why a tool for more dedicated people in the japanese language might get better results as I do ^^"

@IcySon55 - It might be another tool which can be opened or used from the toolbar ( / menu-items). I will keep that in my mind. I have first to establish a stable release.

Last edited by Insight2k,
Reactions: Milozaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1