Japanese file-analyzer / translator utility?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Insight2k, May 27, 2017.

1. Insight2k
    OP

Insight2k GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2013
    Germany
    Is anyone in such a thing interested? I made a simple prototype. It is not finished in any way, but i am working on something useful for the community.

The following screenshot is taken from Inazuma Eleven 1 - 2- 3 Legend of Endou Mamoru, analyzing part of the unitbase.dat

upload_2017-5-27_15-46-13.png

Gow supremo likes this.
  2. pikatsu

pikatsu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    Argentina
    nice

3. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    It's a neat idea. Are your plans to make it an universal application that works with "any" game?

4. Insight2k
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    Germany
    I have only thought about Nintendo games, but if you put it this way,yes. It would work with any file you can provide. Of course it wouldn't work with pictures and as such, but with pure data :)

The most important part for me is the auto-translation function imo.it can be the first hint for translating stuff. I am not sure if it is working for whole sentences. You can ignore the translated text too. The "New Value" column will provide the changes, not the "Translation" column.

Issac likes this.
  5. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Yeah, I meant "any 3ds game" actually :) It's a really good idea, and I guess it might be useful also to find the text.

I'm still struggling myself to find the text of an old DS game, but I won't give up! Haha!

6. IcySon55

IcySon55 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2008
    Canada
    @Insight2k The addition of auto-romanization to Kuriimu would be very nice. Do you think you'd like to add this feature to Kuriimu?

@Issac Which DS game are you looking at? I run a fan translation discord where we help all kinds of projects get off the ground, usually using our translation tool suite Kuriimu.

7. Insight2k
    OP

Jun 1, 2013
    Germany
    @Isaac - Don't worry. The most common problem is the investment you have to put in to get what you want from your game (translation). I am lazy and, unforuntately, not in the position to translate japanese stuff. That's why a tool for more dedicated people in the japanese language might get better results as I do ^^"

@IcySon55 - It might be another tool which can be opened or used from the toolbar ( / menu-items). I will keep that in my mind. I have first to establish a stable release.

Last edited by Insight2k, May 27, 2017