TheNeck

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to get either the enamel navy or gloss silver DS Lite. I have a couple questions.

Can I use an American power adapter/charger with the Japanese DS Lite?

Is there any reason I should not get a Japanese DS Lite if I live in the United States?

Thanks

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States
I want to get either the enamel navy or gloss silver DS Lite. I have a couple questions.

Is there any reason I should not get a Japanese DS Lite if I live in the United States?

Thanks
Umm nope your pretty much set.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Thanks

All I can think of is the lack of warranty.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are both wrong.
I bought a Black DS Phat from japan. I know firsthand what you need.

You do need a new charger. I tried to use the one that was included, but it made this whining noise when I plugged my ds into it.

Also, your warrenty is valid world wide. I have had my Japanese DS serviced TWICE in the US. They said that all DSs are the same inside so I needn't worry.

EDIT:Just Read your first post again. And yes, you can use a US charger with a Japanese DS.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are both wrong.
I bought a Black DS Phat from japan. I know firsthand what you need.

You do need a new charger. I tried to use the one that was included, but it made this whining noise when I plugged my ds into it.

Also, your warrenty is valid world wide. I have had my Japanese DS serviced TWICE in the US. They said that all DSs are the same inside so I needn't worry.

EDIT:Just Read your first post again. And yes, you can use a US charger with a Japanese DS.
I'm sorry sir, but YOU are wrong! The charger that came with my enamel navy, and the one that came with my wife's ice blue charged completely fine. You sir just had a faulty charger.

mister k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's actually a bit of both. Japan uses 100v and America uses 110v. The 10v difference shouldn't make too much of a difference, because all of the adapters have voltage regulators inside. I might get a bit hotter than it should though.
On another note. For anyone in europe reading this, the warranty is NOT worldwide. I just got off the phone to Nintendo in the UK cos my jap ds has a cracked hinge. They will replace it, but they're gonna charge me £25.25. And they'll only replace it with a UK colour.
Hope this helps.
K

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
25.25 sterling beats buying a new one anyway ^^_

Might be that the European version is different inside then, since it need more than double voltage. Such an electrifying thought.
wink.gif

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Thanks
i live in germany but i wanted a enemal navy ds so much.
i ordered it at play-asia.com.
the good thing is that every ds can be set to german, english, or whatsoever.
to charge it just use a normal us dslite charger.
the only problem is the warranty, since nintendo usa doesnt repair imported consoles, or maybe for a fee.
but all in all, the ds is almost unbreakable so warranty shouldnt be a problem

mister k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
25.25 sterling beats buying a new one anyway ^^_

Might be that the European version is different inside then, since it need more than double voltage. Such an electrifying thought.
wink.gif

Nah. The consoles are exactly the same. It's just the adapters that are different (to cope with different voltages).
The girl on the phone said something about it having to comply EU regulations, which affected the warranty. Can't remember exactly though, pretty jetlagged at the moment.
K

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_2111.jpg

the two left most ones came with two japanese ds lites my wife and i got. The one on the right the most is one that came with the pink usa ds lite i recently got her. Notice something...?

They are exactly the same!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?