Hacking Japanese Developer Coded PS4 CFW Plans to Sell. Nooooo...

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A while ago on December 3rd developer XxYuKux12345 tweeted, "successfully modded PS4 and created CFW.. and this CFW requires modded hardware so he's planning to sell the PS4 mods." (Rough translation.)
It also seems other developers confirm this might be real.

People have been claiming this exploit is related to the Chaitin exploit we saw a while back at GeekPwn.

Here is another rough translation, "I succeeded in introducing remodeling & cfw of PS4. CFW is Y8.10 .ver. This CFW can not be introduced unless it is a remodeled PS4. PS4 remodeling method & cfw y8.10 sell the file. The price is not announced, the way you want DM."

Here are some more tweets that could interest you.
https://twitter.com/realzin0099/status/810048732490297344

We don't have much more information about this. This terribly upsets me although we all have to do what we have to do to survive I guess. Well I will report if anything changes. Not sure if this is fake yet we will just have to wait... :( :nayps3:

Reactions: SrTommy and peteruk

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when modding a console is considered to be illegal by the console devs , then selling hard mod chips is serious.

This guy is Japanese. I am sure laws are different there. This isn't a chip, they are actually just selling modded PS4 consoles.

Last edited by Zero72463,

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony is Japanese,so im pretty sure they are familiar with those laws.
anyway does this means we'll be able to play ps4 games from these dumps : https://gbatemp.net/threads/scene-dumps-ps4.366833/

Unfortunately we don't have much info on what this CFW can actually do. We just have to wait until someone goes for it and tells us his/her results. It will be most likely DEX and have similar features to PS3 CFW although it may vary.

Erion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Unfortunately we don't have much info on what this CFW can actually do. We just have to wait until someone goes for it and tells us his/her results. It will be most likely DEX and have similar features to PS3 CFW although it may vary.
Yep we'll have to just wait and see.
This guy should make his cfw open-source so that many other scene members can contribute to it and fasten its developement.

Last edited by Erion,
Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy should make his cfw open-source so that many other scene members can contribute to it and fasten its developement.

Yes although he will not I am %100 sure of it. Maybe if someone buys it from him they can release the code involved and we could maybe figure something out. I bet there is a way to install this on a normal PS4, but this developer just wants money. It's sad really... I hope someone like GeoHot comes around decides to release it for normal PS4 consoles. We lost all the good devs from the PS3 scene.

Last edited by Zero72463,

Nuada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when modding a console is considered to be illegal by the console devs , then selling hard mod chips is serious.

I hate to be a pedant but it really doesn't matter what the devs consider to be illegal, only what the law states to be illegal. The two might be in agreement in this case but that's neither here nor there :)

atomsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Definitely wishful thinking to think that they would make it Open Source. Like when the PS3 scene was in its infancy they charged a lot of money for the PS3Jailbreak USB but thankfully someone figured out how it works and a lot of open source ones were able to be made with the Teensy 2.0 and 2.0+. But someone will always try and make money first.

Reactions: Zero72463

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.