Gaming Japan Game DLC on USA Switch

jumpingspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have a japanese game that is mutli language with a DLC code. How can I use that on my USA region switch? Is it possible? Switch is not modded.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's possible. the account and code must be the same afaik. I have a game that won't let me redeem coins, because it's to a different region. I'd say that the switch is region free with some restrictions.

jumpingspoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically I found out the solution. You have to make an account with Nintendo that is the region of the game (Japan) then go to the switch and add a new user then link it to that account that is the Japanese one and its done. I was able to download the DLC of the Japanese game using the Japan user I created. Now I can go back and get all the eshop points from other games I have that is Japanese too.

This way works for me and hopefully it will work for someone else. If this is old news sorry, its New news to me.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, that's what sucks about "region free." I wish you could use points or visit regional eshops with one account. this just overcomplicates things.

Reactions: jumpingspoon

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So basically I found out the solution. You have to make an account with Nintendo that is the region of the game (Japan) then go to the switch and add a new user then link it to that account that is the Japanese one and its done. I was able to download the DLC of the Japanese game using the Japan user I created. Now I can go back and get all the eshop points from other games I have that is Japanese too.

This way works for me and hopefully it will work for someone else. If this is old news sorry, its New news to me.
Yeah. You can even buy JPN region eShop games if you want, as you can buy instant eShop codes online.
Worth noting that most of the time, JPN-region games are Japanese only. USA/Europe releases are typically dual region and therefore often include French, Spanish, Italian etc. Some games receive a worldwide release, with all languages bundled into one (and also, it doesn't matter in this case which region eShop you buy the game or DLC from, as the listing is the same across all regions) but usually you will be stuck with Japanese language only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu