Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All...I've decided to try to summarize the previous thread and continue with this all-in-one guide for JAP Wii users...

This is what we got so far...

Games that will brick your will settings page + add additional channels (semi-brick):

-Big Brain Academy (NTSC-U)
-Super Mario Galaxy (NTSC-U)
-Pokemon Battle (NTSC-U)

Games that will add additional channels to your front page (without using Brick-blocker):

I am 50% sure that updating from more than one of these games will not cause more than a total of 2 extra channels
-Metriod Prime (NTSC-U) [if 15-sec pullout trick is not used]
-fire emblem radiant dawn (NTSC-U)
-Guitar Hero III - Legends of Rock (NTSC-U)
-Battalion Wars 2(NTSC-U)

Games with firmware updates:
-Mario Galaxy (NTSC-J) [v3.0J firmware] (Firmware update fixes spoilt settings page from BBA)
-WiiFitJAP_WII-TMD [??? firmware] (Firmware update fixes spoilt settings)
.....+Sidenote: NTSC-U Version WILL NOT WORK regardless of anything you do.

New games currently without confirmed working status on Jap Wii:

*For the region free status of all other NTSC-U games on a Jap Wii, please go to GBATemp Compatability Wiki.

Feel free to contribute other information which I have not brought over yet. Thanks!

BumblesCrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So whats the score then im guessing Mario Galaxy can't be played on a Jap Wii with WII Key even with Brickblocker & the Metroid Prime switch off method?

Iv seen so many posts asking but no straight answers so im guessing it's a no go so far
frown.gif

Nice work on keeping the chipped Jap Wii thread going mate cuz it's always so hard to find info when a new games comes out it's always Pal & NTSC-US info in most thread so it's nice to have a place to come to
wink.gif

BumblesCrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All...I've decided to try to summarize the previous thread and continue with this all-in-one guide for JAP Wii users...

This is what we got so far...

Games that will brick your will settings page + add additional channels (semi-brick):

-Big Brain Academy (NTSC-U)
-Super Mario Galaxy (NTSC-U)
-Pokemon Battle (NTSC-U)

Games that will add additional channels to your front page:

-Metriod Prime (NTSC-U) [if 15-sec pullout trick is not used]

Games with firmware updates:
-Mario Galaxy (NTSC-J) [v3.0J firmware] (Firmware update fixes spoilt settings page from BBA)
.....+Sidenote: NTSC-U Version WILL NOT WORK regardless of anything you do.

New games currently without confirmed working status on Jap Wii:
-Simpsons game (NTSC-U / PAL)

*For the region free status of all other NTSC-U games on a Jap Wii, please go to GBATemp Compatability Wiki.

Feel free to contribute other information which I have not brought over yet. Thanks!

Cheers for the update mate so i may aswell stop downloading it off TL now then
frown.gif

Do you think somebody will come up with some sort of fix to play the US version on the Jap Wii with WiiKey & will the UK version be the same when it's released & we'll only be able to use a Jap version of the game cuz that would be a total nightmare?

I suppose only time will tell
unsure.gif

alias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was obvious, but I'm sorta unclear. Since SMG is a really new game, and we can unbrick our wii's with SMG's update; can we play BWars, then unbrick using SMG? Theoretically, wouldn't it be the same with GH3? Just wondering...and if not, what are the possible outcomes?

Rushhour77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry if this was obvious, but I'm sorta unclear. Since SMG is a really new game, and we can unbrick our wii's with SMG's update; can we play BWars, then unbrick using SMG? Theoretically, wouldn't it be the same with GH3? Just wondering...and if not, what are the possible outcomes?
Use brickblocker on battalionwars to avoid dup channels. Works just fine.

pkrulzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, what if i've semi-bricked my 2.2J from Mario Strikers Charged USA

then semi-bricked it again with Super Mario Galaxy USA

Will Super Mario Galaxy JPN fix my settings page and update my Wii to 3.1J??

Thanks

PS: After updating my Wii with SMG(USA) I now have the digital clock on the Wii channels screen (this is a feature of 3.0update right?)

re: moocham, according to the GBAtemp Wii compatibility, it works on JPN wii, but there will be duplicate channels without brickblocker

samusxaran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have a JPN Wii and I can confirm that Guitar Hero III works.

I tried it without brickblocker and it asks for an update. But after brickblocking the ISO it worked perfectly.

wink.gif
So this game is confirmed working on a JPN Wii with 3.1j firmware and WiiKey 1.9g firmware.

artistwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a semi-bricek JAP Wii after putting in Big Brain Academy. Now I can't access the Wii setting. From thread on this forum, i found that updating the WiiKey to 1.9g and then updating with SMG Jap version will fix the problem and update to firmware 3.0J. Is this true? Can someone provide step by step instructions?

Thanks.

BumblesCrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a semi-bricek JAP Wii after putting in Big Brain Academy. Now I can't access the Wii setting. From thread on this forum, i found that updating the WiiKey to 1.9g and then updating with SMG Jap version will fix the problem and update to firmware 3.0J. Is this true? Can someone provide step by step instructions?

Thanks.

As far as im aware mate as long as your Jap Wii has already been updated with the WiiKey 1.9G update it's just a matter of putting a Jap copy of SMG into your Wii & running the Firmware update as shown in this video ---> WII Unbricking With SMG
23_30_116.gif

moochme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I have a JPN Wii and I can confirm that Guitar Hero III works.

I tried it without brickblocker and it asks for an update. But after brickblocking the ISO it worked perfectly.

wink.gif
So this game is confirmed working on a JPN Wii with 3.1j firmware and WiiKey 1.9g firmware.

So the game works. Can anyone confirm whether the guitar will work WITHOUT updating the wii with Guitar Hero 3? I.e. If the iso is brickblocked. I ask this because apparently the mic does work with Boogie unless the wii is updated with the Boogie disk.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just pruchased a premodded wiikey jap wii for my daughter for xmas. However im now starting to worry it is a bad move, as one of her fav games is brain acadamy and would i be right in thinking that it doesnt work on a jap wii?

Im really worried that games wont work, or will be in japanese (she doesnt speak it.)

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
from that list it looks as though big brain acadamy doesnt work atall
frown.gif

Would this be easy for a child to use? I mean with potential bricking and that sort of problems.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any danger tp playing older games if you have the latest firmware? I mean like playing older us or pal games on a modded jap wii, any danger of causing a brick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.