Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

NinjaB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donchen I tohught you were too, but if you were advising me to do it from the link you gave me, how come you havent tried it yourself? This is what I didnt understand.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i tried the one in the link already. And it works. But the owner of the inf file Prophet did not mention where he got his update.inf from.

I wanted to try your method because i am hoping to get my mario kart wii to work in the same manner as well.

knet2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On this topic of JPN issues can peeps here advise of a good place to obtain JPN releases, I use newsbin and 99.9% of releases on there are NTSC/Pal, I would rather not use torrents (slow for me) so can anyone help compile a list of sites, newsgroups that are worth looking at?

It's also just occured to me but JPN owners should possibly consider getting into the habbit of d/l a JPN version and burning them 'clean' as this will ensure we always have the required updates. Before we start patching to English etc??

NinjaB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on where you get your torrents from. I can get them in a few hours.

Donchen, ok thanks. But hasnt someone already got it working on JP system in the previous posts? I guess I need to re-read

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
knet2020 said:
On this topic of JPN issues can peeps here advise of a good place to obtain JPN releases, I use newsbin and 99.9% of releases on there are NTSC/Pal, I would rather not use torrents (slow for me) so can anyone help compile a list of sites, newsgroups that are worth looking at?

It's also just occured to me but JPN owners should possibly consider getting into the habbit of d/l a JPN version and burning them 'clean' as this will ensure we always have the required updates. Before we start patching to English etc??

That is very true. But as you know... most people out there want games in English. And for release groups to be well known, they have to be the FIRST to release what is of the GREATEST demand at that moment. Which is usually a popular game in ENGLISH.

Sadly speaking, JPN games are last in the priority as mentioned below.
1) NTSC-U
2) PAL
3) NTSC-J

Therefore, finding a JPN release is tough. Finding a JPN release with good download speed is even tougher. *lol*

My 2 cents worth =))

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
if you have a jpn wii you MUST have at least firmware 3.1jv2 (from Super Smash Bros JPN version)
as Mario Kart Wii Pal version carries firmware 3.1ev2 - you need this firmware otherwise you will
have a black screen at boot.

Get Super Smash Bros JPN (or USA if you have an ntsc-u wii) and install the update - then load a WBB mario kart

SHREDMAN

NinjaB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Donchen. Good work
smile.gif

By the way should i be downloading the wiiscrubbed version or the Moment release? I heard there were issues with the wiiscrubbed.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
NinjaB said:
Thanks Donchen. Good work
smile.gif

By the way should i be downloading the wiiscrubbed version or the Moment release? I heard there were issues with the wiiscrubbed.

The problem that the wiisrubbed version might have is Mario Kart Channel. As Wiiscrubbed does not handle games with 3 partitions (Mario Kart has 3 partitions), therefore the scrubbed version *MIGHT* have some problems.

I cannot vouch for that because my release was the MOMENT release.

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
let me just say this VERY clearly...

you do NOT have to update to 3.2j to play mario kart or any other
game other than the wiiware titles. Wiiware is only available online
and needs the 3.2j update. Otherwise people please just keep 3.1j_v2

if you have 3.1jv2 (from ssbb-jpn) mario kart wii pal version will
play just fine brickblocked...

don't install the mk channel it is useless for jpn wii's
and you really don't need to have a pal channel on an ntsc wii

ios37 is lurking on all updates above 3.1v2

US and EU 3.2 firmwares have ios37 ready to activate
at this stage 3.2j is unknown but bushings lister app will tell you
- installing an unnecessary update is foolish until it is confirmed to not be
dangerous to modified wii systems.

nintendo is readying a modified crippling wii system update - nintendo
aggressively targets anything that violates their business and copyright
and ip (this includes the trucha signed discs!)
- so take precautions and avoid unnecessary updates.

SHREDMAN

Jebs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm
If SSBB only has 3.1jv2, how the heck did I manage to update to 3.2j? :\
I purposely disabled wifi so I wouldn't pick up the update..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol