Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenshin Br said:
I have some problems with my Jap Wii 2DCKEY.

I have 13 backups games and in almost all, sometimes, happen something like a freezing screen or an error with a massage like "remove the disc, turn off the Wii, etc".

So, it´s not so frequent and with some games it just not happened (PES 2008, Battalion Wars, Wii Sports) and with others titles it happened only once (Metroid Prime 3, Gundam 0079, MLB 2K8).

I wanna know: I need to worry about it or it's normal?

I usually work with Smartbuy or HP DVD-R and Nero 4x.

Is there a program that works on 2x? Cause 4x is the minimum of Nero.

My Wii is new (less than 2 months).
not normal with mine *touch wood*
right speed (x4).. but wrong disk quality.. want to be going with the suggestions all cross this board.. I think maxell are good... but people have found better

anyone got any ideas for how to tackle mario kart?

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
works great!

Mario Kart Wii (PAL version)
nintendo having server issues at the moment tho (7am GMT...)
error 84020 very common...

i did brickblock to be safe but i don't think it needs to be BB'ed
Am on 1.9g Wiikey - 3.1j (v2 SSBB)
no duplicate channels - no semi-brick and...
no IOS37!

trucha discs still work great!

SHREDMAN

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I can't play Mario Kart Wii!

Using Jap Wii with D2CKey. Firmware 3.2J.

Burn with Verbatim DVD-R @ 4x with ImgBurn.

I just WBB it and then burn it. The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just show a black screen. And it just stays there. Any idea ?

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
poke50uk said:
Kenshin Br said:
I have some problems with my Jap Wii 2DCKEY.

I have 13 backups games and in almost all, sometimes, happen something like a freezing screen or an error with a massage like "remove the disc, turn off the Wii, etc".

So, it´s not so frequent and with some games it just not happened (PES 2008, Battalion Wars, Wii Sports) and with others titles it happened only once (Metroid Prime 3, Gundam 0079, MLB 2K8).

I wanna know: I need to worry about it or it's normal?

I usually work with Smartbuy or HP DVD-R and Nero 4x.

Is there a program that works on 2x? Cause 4x is the minimum of Nero.

My Wii is new (less than 2 months).
not normal with mine *touch wood*
right speed (x4).. but wrong disk quality.. want to be going with the suggestions all cross this board.. I think maxell are good... but people have found better

anyone got any ideas for how to tackle mario kart?

Yeah.

I will try to burn in a low speed (2x) with ImgBurn that thebobevil talked about.

And, well... I live in Brazil far away form the two bigest cities (São Paulo and Rio); here where I live I dont have much choices about DVDs. I will try to find some more...

knet2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donchen said:
I can't play Mario Kart Wii!

Using Jap Wii with D2CKey. Firmware 3.2J.

Burn with Verbatim DVD-R @ 4x with ImgBurn.

I just WBB it and then burn it. The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just show a black screen. And it just stays there. Any idea ?

Same here for me, I tried a few different approaches using:

1 - Wii RegionPatch + WBB > JPN = The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just shows a black screen.
2 - WiiFrii + WBB > JPN > English = The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just shows a black screen.
3 - Wii RegionPatch + WBB > PAL = The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just shows a black screen.

I have just used Wankinio Dup Channel Remover and see IOS35 would this cause any issues for MK?

Looks like I'll have to be patient and wait for a JPN version :-(

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I tried using Freeloader too. Did not help either. I don't think its due to the D2CKey as there are many wii owners with D2CKey and got it to work.

Are you using D2CKey as well ?

I tried just WBB it only but i still get the same problem

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just saw a demostration video on how to use a Freeloader.

I realise that the problem with the black screen is because we need to do an update. *This is what i suspect only*

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just did a update through the internet. (NOT from Mario Kart Wii).

Loaded the game. Still the same problem....

miz1q2w3e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a problem. first off ill start with: i have i wiikey in a JAP wii, im pretty sure its not a clone (it has the "ATMEL" sign on the black part) but the (R3, C1, C2) are in sort of big writing so i don't know. I don't think its a clone (i had updated my wiikey a couple of times 1.9b and 1.9g) so that should mean that its not a clone if it updates, right? and i played mario galaxy ,it was awsome BTW, but it was in japanese, so i read on one of GBAtemp forums that i could play in english by replacing stuff with trucha and later by wii generic patcher. i burned a copy of SMG signed on cheep media just to try, obviously it didn't work but i was impatient so i decided to try changing the settings of my wiikey, something i had also done before, but this time when i had finished and restarted my wii NOTHING WOULD READ!! i freeked! i tried all my backups but nothing worked! the only thing that sort of worked was the wiikey config 1.3 (sort of means it shows a GC icon i the disk channel but when i start the disk it only resets my console!) What can i do? is my wiikey a clone? could the config disk have trashed it? BTW i TRIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEED to recover but with NO luck at all :'( the only thing that seems to sort of work is the config 1.3! HELP pleez im desperate! there is no way i can get a wiikey before A WHOLE MONTH! and even then i cant be sure it an original! pleez help!!!

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
for all those having problems loading up mario kart

please make sure that you are running the non-scrubbed version of this iso...

i knew that wii-scrubber would cause all sorts of problems at some point..
it appears that many - if not all - non loading mario kart isos are not
full 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes).

the full non-shrunk/non-scrubbed iso's should all load up - whether or not
you have the iso brickblocked or not...

i believe the only other problem for some is the 001error...
the pal version will load on jpn/usa and pal version wii's....

SHREDMAN

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donchen said:
I just tried Obscure Aftermath NTSC-U. After it shows "Licensed by Nintendo" then it shows a blank grey screen.

I am using D2CKey. Anyone with D2CKey got it to work ? So that i can conclude is either the burning or the iso.

LOL.. i screwed around for ages and reburnt and wasted time until i found out that you just have to press buttons A and B..
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
to eliminate the dvd burner
try and burn another copy of a game that you already have and
see if that loads up ok on your wii...

sorry - i'm out of ideas
frown.gif

SHREDMAN

knet2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donchen said:
I am already using the non scrubbed version of Mario Kart Wii.

But i am having the blank screen problem

I have tried 6 different burns with this but still get the black screen issue, so I am giving up for now, no game is worth this much faffing around lol maybe worth seeing what happens after the 'official' release

Curios how this does not seem to have found it's way onto newsbin yet too??

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I did some reading and alot of old problems with blank screen is due to it needing a update.

I did a system update and tried the game again but to no avail.

When will the NTSC version be released ? Any idea ?

@shredman, thank you for your help. Appreciate it. Burnt all my old games fine. I don't think its bad burn because all 3 is stuck at the same place and same problem with knet2020. And he had already tried 6 different burns. I doubt is bad burn.

It is most likely that my wii needs an update or my TV doesn't support PAL maybe ?

Sigh, i am so damn desperate for this game. I have been on it since N64 and love it...
I hope someone can solve this problem... really bothering the hell'a outta me..

miz1q2w3e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a problem. first off ill start with: i have i wiikey in a JAP wii, im pretty sure its not a clone (it has the "ATMEL" sign on the black part) but the (R3, C1, C2) are in sort of big writing so i don't know. I don't think its a clone (i had updated my wiikey a couple of times 1.9b and 1.9g) so that should mean that its not a clone if it updates, right? and i played mario galaxy ,it was awsome BTW, but it was in japanese, so i read on one of GBAtemp forums that i could play in english by replacing stuff with trucha and later by wii generic patcher. i burned a copy of SMG signed on cheep media just to try, obviously it didn't work but i was impatient so i decided to try changing the settings of my wiikey, something i had also done before, but this time when i had finished and restarted my wii NOTHING WOULD READ!! i freeked! i tried all my backups but nothing worked! the only thing that sort of worked was the wiikey config 1.3 (sort of means it shows a GC icon i the disk channel but when i start the disk it only resets my console!) What can i do? is my wiikey a clone? could the config disk have trashed it? BTW i TRIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEED to recover but with NO luck at all :'( the only thing that seems to sort of work is the config 1.3! HELP pleez im desperate! there is no way i can get a wiikey before A WHOLE MONTH! and even then i cant be sure it an original! pleez help!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.