James Pond Codename Robocod (E)

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
I played it and find it cool. The music are surprisingly good and audible for a gba game. Also i think that the same cheat work in this game. It is a more colored version of the genesis/snes/amiga. it is a port of the ps version.

The game is good but way too linear now, it has been hurt by the time.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played it and find it cool. The music are surprisingly good and audible for a gba game. Also i think that the same cheat work in this game. It is a more colored version of the genesis/snes/amiga. it is a port of the ps version.

The game is good but way too linear now, it has been hurt by the time.
I played the original on the Amiga 1200 today and that version hasnt aged at all for me, the new version would be great but the levels are shoddy.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cut the bullshit y'all! For most people who find this a great game it's just plain nostalgic. And when I'm looking at other nostalgic releases on the GBA such as Defender of the Crown (BLrrrgh) and Wings (Brrggaaaaaghl) this game still is very much fun and thanks to the restrictions of the GBA it's worth to release it as a classic.
In a time when console games (PS2, XBOX, GC)are so much different looking then in the 80's/90's it's nice to see the GBA keeping the games that were great back then alive.

LONG LIVE THE RETRO CONSOLE!!

Belunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself liked James Pond, anyone know when or if they will drop that James Pond Water Olympics game? Or even remember it, it was somewhat of an underwater events game.

wolfen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vmr.fcpnet.net
XP
Country
I remember getting it for xmas in 1996, but as a cousin also got it, I swapped it for Road Rash 2, and only because NHL 96 was out of stock.

Altough a nice Mega Drive title, I never cared too much about it later, either with a borrowed cart or on a emu. Guess won't care that much this time, too.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
France
Genesis games sure do have crappy colours as opposed to the SNES.
off topic and stupid remark. the snes has too much colours and a too low resolution to handle it => crappy sprites. you don't want to open a new battle snes versus genesis right ? the flames are still the same.

and sorry to hurt you hadrian but the game is linear, the levels are straight and very short lines in robocod and you can't choose the order of the levels. as usual, a port is limited in interest. What's acceptable at the time of the game is no more acceptable today. Robocod had its time and it is over. nostalgia 5 minutes then come back to reality.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself liked James Pond, anyone know when or if they will drop that James Pond Water Olympics game? Or even remember it, it was somewhat of an underwater events game.
It was called Aquatic Games, it was gonna be a multiplayer extra with this game when Swing where gonna publish it (back when it was gonna be a straight port) . Chances of it coming out are slim the reason this version has new levels is because the original developers only wanted Swing! to release it but they lost the rights to the game and someone else got rights to the engine and the name but not the levels and the original developers still own Aquatic Games name.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
What the... portuguese?? I'm probably downloading this just because of this particular addition
tongue.gif

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
off topic and stupid remark. the snes has too much colours and a too low resolution to handle it => crappy sprites.
I don't think it's a stupid remark if this is a genesis game. It is isn't it? That would explain the crappy looking colours. No I don't want to start a battle over it because I already know I'm right.

kiwibonga

Trophies
Website
www.kiwibonga.com
XP
Country
France
Who the hell is that troll judging games based on their colors which would magically happen to be based on the console the game runs on?

Anyways, YAY for James Pond

sigfried

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
France
off topic and stupid remark. the snes has too much colours and a too low resolution to handle it => crappy sprites.
I don't think it's a stupid remark if this is a genesis game. It is isn't it? That would explain the crappy looking colours. No I don't want to start a battle over it because I already know I'm right.
Well, the flaming zone is still full of jesters. Hopefully i am not the only one to see it. Colours based on consoles, arf stupid really. And he is sure of this fact, lol. eof.

edit : the graphics of the layers changed alot but the order of the stages and the themes are still the same i think. and yes the "cheat" code is the only one that works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?