D

Deleted_171835

Didn't see it.

I usually wait for movies to go out on DVD but this will be an exception. Never saw a movie in 3D before.

I presume it's good based on the comments here.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
saw the film today, and wow, it was every single swiss franc worth:. it is amazing and fascinating how detailed the whole 3d is, the environment with his plants and creatures looked so 'real', and the story wasn't too soppy, what i didn't expect from a film by the titanic creator:. great peace of a film

Joe88 said:
fgghjjkll said:
Uh... Isn't avatar about an asian kid with a giant arrow slapped on his forehead?
ph34r.gif
smileipb2.png

the last airbender - movie - 2010
smileipb2.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until the video game was announced, I thought this was the next Avatar - The Last Airbender movie. Since I never saw previews for this and I saw a preview for the M. Night Shamalan one in theaters, I was thinking it was that. Then I saw the Avatar game hype everywhere and I though "What the fuck is this?"

Anyway, looks interesting, I'll try to see it next week.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the movie was pretty amazing in 3D.

But, well, in my opinion, the transition from live-action to CG was still far from seamless. Even with all the mo-cap and everything, the animation was still... oh, I dunno... "obviously CG", I guess you could say. The way everyone up-talked this movie in its production got me assuming that its tech would be more than the average bear.

And don't get me wrong, it certainly IS much more technically-ambitious than any other movie I've ever seen before, what with its huge, sprawling, meticulously-detailed landscapes and captivating native creatures.

That being said, the gap between the actual filmed sequences and the computer-generated stuff is still glaring and apparent. Right from the first space scene, with people floating and climbing around a zero-gravity space station of some sort, the peoples' movements were awkward and nonbelievable (is that a word?) in comparison to the live-action scenes shown moments before. It's the case with every movie that blends reality with computers, and, well, I guess the movie's hype had me expecting a "breakthrough" of sorts.

...Anyone know what I'm saying?
Either way, the movie was still awesome. I just wouldn't recommend seeing it in anything but 3D. Otherwise, it's just CG with a not-too-great story.

(...Speaking of which...
Come on, James Cameron! "Mr. Titanic" should be able to do MUCH better in terms of storytelling. )

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Eh? I loved the special effects in transformers.

The first one I mean. The second one could have had good animation, but it sucked so bad that I refuse to compliment any aspect of it.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flipflopped so much on this movie prior to seeing it. Like Guild, i first thought it was talking about that cartoon. Saw the trailer a month ago and thought it looked pretty cool, then saw the hype, thought it would end up sucking. Went back a forth several times from liking to hating it before actually seeing it on my birthday (29th). I actually LOVED it! It surpassed all the hype IMO!

It has elements that remind me of Matrix, Star Wars, Pocahontas, and even has themes that remind me of other Cameron films such as the mech suits in Aliens. One of Cameron's best movies IMO! I'd give it high praise indeed. He worked really hard and long on it too, lot of heart went in it. Plus, it's one of the few CG movies where i think CG was done well in. I usually hate overuse of CG.

And according to Cameron, two sequels are planned if it did well. I hope it did. I can see plenty of room for sequels. And Cameron is a god when it comes to sequels which surpass the originals!
tongue.gif

BTW, even mom liked it. And she usually hates violence and such. She really loved it, i was stunned lol!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded Avatar in .dpg earlier ready to watch through Moonshell later, but at the moment The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year 2009 is on so I'll add it to my memory card later. Can't imagine it'll be a great copy but it saves me spending money to find out if the film lives up to the hype or not. If it does I'll pick it up on Blu-Ray. If not I just delete the file, replace it with the new Family Guy Movie (something something something dark side) and say no more on the matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle