misterqqqface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Well I saw it on Sunday night with some friends in 3D, and we all walked away with the same feeling about it.

The film is over hyped and overrated. The CGI is highly impressive, the 3D effects less so. There are some nice 3D moments in it don't get me wrong, but far less of the film took advantage of the 3D then what I would expect. Mostly all you get is a vague sense of depth, as opposed to true 3D. I would say that if you only get a chance to watch it in 2D you wont be missing out on a great deal.

Spoilers below as to not ruin it for people who haven't watched it.

Also the film is far far longer then necessary. There is too much tree hugging, love story and warrior initiation, without enough action in the first two hours. It really dragged on too much before anything exciting happened. The film could have easily been just two hours long and better paced and it wouldn't have really lost anything. And the final action scenes were ok, but more underwhelming then I would have expected considering the massive amount of hype behind it.

Dont get me wrong I didn't completely hate the film, it was ok. Its just a very well done CGI film, with average 3D, a predictable plot and standard stereotypical characters you have seen in a thousand films before it. And pretty CGI aside it just didn't have enough action to pad out its vast length and slow pace to make it anything more then an average fantasy film in my opinion.
^this

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just saw it, it's really good, a bit draggy at parts but really good. Everything goes together really well and the action scenes are much, much better than I expected.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I change my mind. I really like it, but it had some flaws that I couldn't help pass by. (Storyline, for example.)

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude I loved the movie..Pandora looks like a sexy place to live man.
smileipb2.png

vasego2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw it Saturday @ an IMAX 3D. My ticket was the best $15 dollars I have spent in a very long time. For my $$$ I got to become a 7 year old kid again for 2.5 hours (complete with having to pee so bad I was damn near in tears for the last hour).

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I've already seen Dances With Wolves
rolleyes.gif

I'll rent Avatar one day though just to see the effects, but from what I have heard the story is very predictable and cheesy. Marines the bad guys and natives the good? check. Hero falls in love? check. Shananagins ensue? check. Good wins? check. My friend that saw the movie said he wanted to yell out "freedom!" when they said "This is Our Land!" (Braveheart)
laugh.gif

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
silent sniper said:
just got back from it.

THIS MOVIE IS FUCKING LIFE CHANGING

i wouldnt call it.... LIFE changing.
Whats LIFE changing is this post being my 1000 post, in joining only since September this year lol

You people also took along time to see it XD So depressing!

May favorite part was when i first found out they connected with animals and trees with there hair, that shiz was insane and also a brilliant idea

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this a few days ago...and honestly, I loved it. Not only is it something that could happen(What humanity did, that is), it's story was nice. Albeit a bit...predictable.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just watched the movie.
OMG...Impressive and awesome!!!

The connect thing with hair is a awesome idea at all.Damn nice..I have been long time no watch a movie like this..totally awesome.The only thing make me feel uncormfatable is when the Jake act in human,not in Avatar/Na'vi. I dun know why,I feel weird when he come back lol.

And the human captain,(I forgot the name) kinda scary at the end part lol.... my brain keep thinking "what will happen!!!"

at the end,This movie is awesome.Everyone should go and support it.Even I watch in 2D,I wanna watch it again >

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
capturewry.jpg

Seriously though, I enjoyed the spectacle, the novelty of the 3D and the visuals were stunning. Wouldn't have bothered seeing it in 2D though, the plot was wafer thin, the message was hamfisted and you were bashed over the head with it non-stop,the dialogue was weak, the characters were cardboard cutouts (especially the bad guy, who might as well have been called Baddie McEvilpants and I was expecting to eat a puppy before the end of the film) and you could tell exactly how the whole thing was going to pan out after about 5 minutes. That and it was far too long, especially as the soundtrack was two and a half hours of pan-pipes on a loop, which started to grate after a while. Good night out, don't think the film's going to stand the test of time though.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overhyped movie was overhyped
it wasnt that good, suffered from the same problems pearly harbor suffered
great action scenes, too much bad story and love scenes

fgghjjkll said:
Uh... Isn't avatar about an asian kid with a giant arrow slapped on his forehead?
ph34r.gif
smileipb2.png

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Leon1977 said:
i agree story was simple and predictable but it's always nice to watch a feel-good movie with a happily-ever-after ending during the holidays...
up next...sherlock holmes!!!
Hah nice, I saw the movie the day before release (Pre screening thingy) in 3D and then after the next movie I saw was Sherlock Holmes about an hour ago. Sherlock Holmes is fantastic and I loved it.

Though what p1ngpong said summed it up for me alot. If you watched this, go read the "Soldier Son Trilogy" by Robin Hobb because it's uncanny how similar the two are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@