ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
For anyone who goes out and sees it, you have to see it in 3D. It's definitely my favorite movie of the year. I'm going to see it again tomorrow
tongue.gif
leiger has the same sentiment; he saw it in 3D and is adamant that everyone else should. I haven't seen it yet though.

fedgerama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Saw it on Friday in 2D and loved it. I wish I could see it in 3D, but I probably won't get to. This was probably one of the coolest movies I've ever seen. My friend said it was overhyped, but I thought it deserved the hype. Great movie!

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw this yesterday for my birthday in 3d in imax. I thought it looked great CGI was amazing.
I like it alot when everything popped out like the people and the scenery. simply amazing.
I also want to see it in 2d to see the difference.
Lol when I looked back in the theater everyone looked cool in there 3d glasses.
I kept mine=p

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i loved the film saw it in 3d although, wearing 3d glasses over my normal specs was very uncomfortable, and when i ttok of the 3d glasses the colours popped out more. but it was a great experience. not my top movie of the year though.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I saw it in 3D and thought it was great, however, to be picky I wasn't really "amazed" by the 3D effects. You can see that only certain characters and objects at any time have the 3D effect, and the depth perception is still quite minimal.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
For anyone who goes out and sees it, you have to see it in 3D. It's definitely my favorite movie of the year. I'm going to see it again tomorrow
tongue.gif

I can't see in 3D (well not things that require 3D glasses anyway), no depth perception, otherwise I would. My step-sister saw it for free for her birthday or something and said it was just long and wasn't that great. I'll just wait until it comes out on DVD, I'm too poor to see anything now.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw it last night. it was friken sweet. i look at my watch an hour and a half into it and was like, "Sweet. another hour to go. AWESOME!"

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well I saw it on Sunday night with some friends in 3D, and we all walked away with the same feeling about it.

The film is over hyped and overrated. The CGI is highly impressive, the 3D effects less so. There are some nice 3D moments in it don't get me wrong, but far less of the film took advantage of the 3D then what I would expect. Mostly all you get is a vague sense of depth, as opposed to true 3D. I would say that if you only get a chance to watch it in 2D you wont be missing out on a great deal.

Spoilers below as to not ruin it for people who haven't watched it.

Also the film is far far longer then necessary. There is too much tree hugging, love story and warrior initiation, without enough action in the first two hours. It really dragged on too much before anything exciting happened. The film could have easily been just two hours long and better paced and it wouldn't have really lost anything. And the final action scenes were ok, but more underwhelming then I would have expected considering the massive amount of hype behind it.

Dont get me wrong I didn't completely hate the film, it was ok. Its just a very well done CGI film, with average 3D, a predictable plot and standard stereotypical characters you have seen in a thousand films before it. And pretty CGI aside it just didn't have enough action to pad out its vast length and slow pace to make it anything more then an average fantasy film in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte