Apple jailbreak question

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is hypothetical but if i were to jailbreak other peoples ipods would i be liable in any way what so ever?

i've been thinking of jailbreaking ipods for a price since a lot of people in my are want to trade an ipod unjailbroke for a jailbroken model of the same model

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There is a legal precedent that supports jailbreakers. I can't remember the details, but the outcome is that once you purchase the hardware, its up to you what you do with it. If you get of jailbroken, nobody will do anything against you.

Just remember that jailbreaking typically voids the warranty. Make sure you tell this to anybody you jailbreak for. There are ways to hide the evidence, and in most cases its easy, but to prevent them trying to sue you you must tell them it will void their warranty.
Edit: autocorrect typo.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of course you're not. 1. Modding devices for cash makes you a huge douchebag. You're just profiting from other people's knowledge and effort, and deserve to have your balls soaked in oven cleaner. This information is available to everybody freely.

2. You have absolutely no idea what consequences will result. Look at what happened because this dumbass decided to do it to his mom's phone.

3. Even if its currently legal that doesn't mean somebody can't press it as a civil matter.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah, its not illegal, but it voids the warranty..

but you're actually gonna charge people? I've done it for like 6 people for free.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You may be liable if they pirate stuff because of the jailbreak...
I've done it to 35+ people, and I don't charge. It would be very lame to charge someone because you used a free program and installed some tweaks. Maybe if the software wasn't free....

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if that were true, it's irrelevant. It's still somebody else's work.

The only reason pokeboy is able to jailbreak an iDevice is because of sites like this that enable dissemination and discussion of these topics and didn't charge him for the lesson from guides compiled by volunteers. It's thanks to the smarty pants people like chronic dev team who actually produce the cracks like greenpois0n and never charged pokeboy for their work. Jay Freeman of Cydia and the countless homebrew devs that make it all worthwhile, and produce much of it free or asking very little to recoup their time and effort.

Yet today pokeboy decided he's found the path to profit off the backs of all those other people. Instead of just pointing them to any of the countless resources out there, he seems to think he's a clever little shit to leverage another person's ignorance for a few bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay