Homebrew I've successfully hacked my 3DS, but I have newbie questions regarding future updates.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe their is a zoogie build of fast and safe hax combinded that was what I used yester day it seems plailtet is using both instead. Try downloading this and taking the safe hax zip in the 3ds folder and place it in your 3ds folder and just run that instead of running fasthax then safehax heres the link https://mega.nz/#!b0kxURKB!GdMPmiDVC4Veg-ieyL9BZq5DDJAizSno89QjDjNUIhI
the one on moger.net is zoogie's build thats the one i used btw hint you require a game card inserted to boot decrypt9

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
==

When a new update from Nintendo comes out, what should I do? Do I update from Luma3DS, and how do I know when it's safe to? Or what should I do when a new update comes out? I really really really don't know what I'd have to do, I don't understand what Luma3DS and the sorts are for. All the current CFWs have FIRM 0/1 protection that have been tested and proven to withstand future updates. As well Nintendo can't do a targeted updated to remove A9LH, as that would brick your 3DS and even brick unhacked 3DSs.

I've been downloading games from FreeShop and while they work just fine (online included), could I get banned eventually? No. Nintendo will not ban for CIAs. They normally ban if you play a game online before it was released.

If I happen to get banned, would there be a way to bypass that ban or once I'm banned my 3DS will pretty much not connect anymore or something? If you do get banned, there's way to bypass some of the ban. If it's a NNID ban, you need a new NNID. But if you aren't stupid, you should be fine.

Other than the stuff included in the tutorial to hack my 3DS, what else should I be installing that can be of use (hacked system related)? I have a sticky for that.

Thank you so much for any response or any links that can lead me to answers.

Reactions: IggyJet

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pksm is what I use and I belive it is better you can scan or download the cia here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want pchex plus plus you can get it here but it seems that it is dead and you should use pksm that I linked above
but pksm is limited on its capabilities... Pchex++ lets you do more than it I personally feel, its just not gen 7 yet. (I AM STILL LIMITED BY "LEGAL" EV LIMITS)

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
but pksm is limited on its capabilities... Pchex++ lets you do more than it I personally feel, its just not gen 7 yet. (I AM STILL LIMITED BY "LEGAL" EV LIMITS)

Like what, would you say? I can pretty much edit any Pokémon in every single (legal) way it seems, from hidden abilities to egg moves. As for ilegal stuff (such as EVs and moves) I'm not really interested in that.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like what, would you say? I can pretty much edit any Pokémon in every single (legal) way it seems, from hidden abilities to egg moves. As for ilegal stuff (such as EVs and moves) I'm not really interested in that.
Well, some people are. If i wanted something purely legal, I would be playing the game. I use these kinds of applications for joke pokemon when im bored

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, some people are. If i wanted something purely legal, I would be playing the game. I use these kinds of applications for joke pokemon when im bored
Oh I see, then in that case PcHex++ is better. Thanks, I'll definitely keep it in mind if I ever need to test something out like that =)

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except it does not have gen 7 compatibility
Yeah that and the last time i checked it hasent been updated since march making me beleive it is dead while pksm got update like a week ago. To be honest though I have never used pchex++ but in my opinion having a alive project is better than habing a dead.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that and the last time i checked it hasent been updated since march making me beleive it is dead while pksm got update like a week ago. To be honest though I have never used pchex++ but in my opinion having a alive project is better than habing a dead.
I prefer a compatible one over a "live/dead" one after trying to mod my wii and other things. Whether its the most up to date or not, If I know how to install it better, I will install it then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ign.com/articles/call-of-duty-black-ops-6-confirmed-by-activision