Hacking I've made a terrible mistake.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I was playing Mario Kart changing regions with the region changer code. I grew curious why most regions weren't working. Hopped in to my system settings and changed it with gateway cheat menu. It froze. So, now, my EmuNand is bricked... And the biggest mistake here is; I have no backup... I know the odds are against me here... But... Is there anything I can do...?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If no one else can solve your problem, then worst-case scenario, you set up a new emuNAND from scratch.
I know... I've been out of the scene for a while and wanted to see if there was something new I missed. Oh well. More than likely have to do that...

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Assuming your NANDs are NOT linked: use Decrypt9 to dump the movable.sed and ticket.db from your current emuNAND, then make a new emuNAND. Then use Decrypt9 to inject those two files into your new emuNAND, and update emuNAND. That should let you keep your games and saves.

Make backups of your SD card and current emuNAND if you're worried about trying it.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming your NANDs are NOT linked: use Decrypt9 to dump the movable.sed and ticket.db from your current emuNAND, then make a new emuNAND. Then use Decrypt9 to inject those two files into your new emuNAND, and update emuNAND. That should let you keep your games and saves.

Make backups of your SD card and current emuNAND if you're worried about trying it.
Thank god for decrypt9 xD I will keep this in mind if i ever mess up my emunand someone and have no backups. But I backup like every week xD

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank god for decrypt9 xD I will keep this in mind if i ever mess up my emunand someone and have no backups. But I backup like every week xD

You can also use Decrypt9 to re-link your NANDs if you should ever need to for some reason: just dump those two files from sysNAND and inject them into emuNAND (caution is advised when going the other way without ARM9LoaderHax).

But anyway, that should do the trick, I was dealing with a situation like this yesterday.

Reactions: Merrx

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use Decrypt9 to re-link your NANDs if you should ever need to for some reason: just dump those two files from sysNAND and inject them into emuNAND (caution is advised when going the other way without ARM9LoaderHax).

But anyway, that should do the trick, I was dealing with a situation like this yesterday.
What is the purpose of linking nands? I thought it was good to have them unlinked?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What is the purpose of linking nands? I thought it was good to have them unlinked?

Usually you want them unlinked, but in my case, I was trying to migrate my emuNAND to my sysNAND for A9LH CFW, and ended up messing up, then had to basically make a fresh NAND, and inject movable.sed and ticket.db from emuNAND to "re-link" them so my sysNAND could read/play the emuNAND's stuff. It was a nightmare to figure out. I might make a blog post about it later.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually you want them unlinked, but in my case, I was trying to migrate my emuNAND to my sysNAND for A9LH CFW, and ended up messing up, then had to basically make a fresh NAND, and inject movable.sed and ticket.db from emuNAND to "re-link" them so my sysNAND could read/play the emuNAND's stuff. It was a nightmare to figure out. I might make a blog post about it later.
Well jeez. Im still not very fond of trying to move to A9LH Sysnand. I feel safer on emunand. I feel like i would mess up and break A9LH some how xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol