Hardware I've just removed my laptop's HDD; can I use it for Wii backups?

random_human_being_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have replaced my laptop's HDD with an SSD, and since I currently rely on a 64GB USB pendrive for my Wii games I was thinking of buying a SATA to USB2 cable in order to connect that HDD to the Wii. If I recall correctly, the HDD has a SATA2 connector.

So, should that work or is there any caveat?

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have replaced my laptop's HDD with an SSD, and since I currently rely on a 64GB USB pendrive I was thinking of buying a SATA to USB2 cable in order to connect that HDD to the Wii. If I recall correctly, the HDD has a SATA2 connector.

it worked for me from using cheap sata converter from a portable hdd i bought, well just test it i guess.

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
I have replaced my laptop's HDD with an SSD, and since I currently rely on a 64GB USB pendrive for my Wii games I was thinking of buying a SATA to USB2 cable in order to connect that HDD to the Wii. If I recall correctly, the HDD has a SATA2 connector.

It should work aslong as the hdd is not dead.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It'll work. You'll just have to format the hard drive before using it. I believe it has to be formatted to ntfs or fat32

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
True, but other homebrew may be incompatible with an NTFS-formatted drive, There is no particular advantage to using NTFS on the Wii other than avoiding file splitting.
I use ntfs because i share one hdd with multiple consoles and my laptop. Also i have files that are more than 4gb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-