Gaming Ive got a question

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ gotta love same time posts. Anyway, yeah, once i get the PSP modded, ill be putting that MMS away in my drawer with my R4 and M3 boxes. Maybe ill get lucky and it will already be modded. I doubt it honestly, cause in my experience, the locals around here arent into modding consoles and such. Honestly, ill have about $200 do spend on the accessories and such, assuming im doing the math right for my job. God it made me hate pizzas, especially the process of making them =P

EDIT: I just thought of something, I need to have my other sister pick up FFTA2 for me this week anyway, maybe ill throw in extra cash to have her pick up a 2 gig card from walmart. Meh, we'll see. It all depends on the quality of said PSP

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That charger looks fine, you won't need to charge from the mini-usb port, considering that it has a plug for the AC charger. The only problem I see with it is that since it is coming from a powered USB slot, it will charge slower than it will from a normal outlet.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats fine, i have a direcTV box that has a USB port on the back i use for my zune and it seems to charge fine. granted thats MENT to charge via USB for the most part. I need to get to bed man, but ive got jitters from getting a free PSP. Its pretty damn cool to me. My friend is gonna be so mad at me though when i tell him i get free games. As another question to add to this topic, what game is a good entrance into the PSP world? I will be getting FFT: WOTL but i wont touch it til im done with A2. The PSP will come with GTA I guess, so that will be awesome. On a side note, i think this is my first hot topic since returning to GBAtemp (i had an older account here, but i think it was purged or something O.o either way.)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found Patapon to be a great entrance game, but you may differ. Ratchet and Clank SM as great, along with mannny other games.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i know the essentials are there, and i was going off that, but I mean, a lot of the times for an intro to a system game isn't on an essentials. But ill just keep going by that. What do you know, i came up with another question XD. I heard the PSP menus are customizable. How customizable are these? I mean, im not limited to sony only characters am I? Im thinking of a nice sonic the hedgehog theme. Thanks again in advance.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats great to know, because I like being able to pick my own themes for the DS. Holy crap i need to get to bed, i work tomorrow XD. Ill end with a final question: are the screen protectors on dealextreme good? I heard the PSP screen scratches easily and ill have to patch that up.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks, that protector looks perfect. Also, this may be my final question here. I heard there was a way, to stream video from your PC to your PSP. Is this possible? There are some things id rather not go through the trouble of converting to watch them on the PSP (like the inuyasha episodes i have)

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
The only one I know of is Pimpstreamer, but it is INCREDIBLY slow for me. You should still try it out, though. If they are DivX files, you might be able to watch them on PSPTube, but I heard it can be slow.
Another idea is find a batch converter and have it convert overnight.

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant believe the Fry's one is sold out, I just bought mine yesterday
frown.gif
Oh well. I personally have to disagree about 2 gigs being enough for games, but I think it depends on the type of gamer you are. I personally like to skip from game to game to game, not just play one game from beginning to end. If you are like me, you need at least one 4 gig (I personally need two, which is why I ordered the Fry's one). If not, then a 2 gig will be fine for you, you will be able to fit one game on there, possibly two.

About the rebate, the instructions say you send in the UPS code from the package, along with the form, and they send you a check. It obviously will take weeks though, you know how those things are. I also have to agree with Pyrofyr about the Amazon resellers, too much chance of getting a fake memory stick. Trust us on that. Some people have gotten lucky, but it's not worth taking the chance to me.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems i got slightly stiffed on my check, so i have to re allocate what im buying, but I should still be good. My plan is to get the pandora + 4 gig stick(the bundle) and a charger(possibly two, opinions on this?) from deal extreme, and then from there, goto newegg or frys to order a real 4 gig stick for regular use. Thoughts? This should have me set through next paycheck if i have it planned right. I hate having money issues.

EDIT: I just read that 4 gig sticks dont work for magic memorys. So maybe ill pick up the one gig from deal extreme instead, or something small from frys. Thoughts on that?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
I cant believe the Fry's one is sold out, I just bought mine yesterday
frown.gif
Oh well. I personally have to disagree about 2 gigs being enough for games, but I think it depends on the type of gamer you are. I personally like to skip from game to game to game, not just play one game from beginning to end. If you are like me, you need at least one 4 gig (I personally need two, which is why I ordered the Fry's one). If not, then a 2 gig will be fine for you, you will be able to fit one game on there, possibly two.

About the rebate, the instructions say you send in the UPS code from the package, along with the form, and they send you a check. It obviously will take weeks though, you know how those things are. I also have to agree with Pyrofyr about the Amazon resellers, too much chance of getting a fake memory stick. Trust us on that. Some people have gotten lucky, but it's not worth taking the chance to me.
WTH games are YOU playing? I've only run into 1~2 games that are 1.3GB or higher, and VERY few that are 1GB+ maybe 10~20 at max worth playing (Maybe you only play graphics heavy games)

Also it depends on your playing style, I keep tons of games on my 2GB stick without a problem, all are properly ripped without anything 'necessary' missing like videos/music in English.

QUOTE(Primworm @ Jun 21 2008, 10:26 PM) Well, it seems i got slightly stiffed on my check, so i have to re allocate what im buying, but I should still be good. My plan is to get the pandora + 4 gig stick(the bundle) and a charger(possibly two, opinions on this?) from deal extreme, and then from there, goto newegg or frys to order a real 4 gig stick for regular use. Thoughts? This should have me set through next paycheck if i have it planned right. I hate having money issues.

EDIT: I just read that 4 gig sticks dont work for magic memorys. So maybe ill pick up the one gig from deal extreme instead, or something small from frys. Thoughts on that?
Ouch that sucks about the check :S
I would suggest getting only a 512/1GB(at most) stick from DX with that bundle, since they're slow and you'll probably never use it for games.
The charger should be fine, I don't see why there will be problems though. I don't see why you would need 2 either, but it's up to you really. You can probably use a USB to charge it if the charger doesn't work for a temporary solution.
I'd go ahead and get the one from dealextreme if you're willing to test your luck, there shouldn't honestly be much of a problem with it, but it's up to you, heh.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats good. If all goes well, ill be making my orders between 1 and 3 CST tomorrow(damn banks being closed sundays). Hopefully ill have my order made out in my head by then. Im in the process of budgeting it as we speak. Im gonna put off on the protection for now, i can hold out til the next check for that. I was only thinking two chargers because of what you guys said about some of the things there being shady.

EDIT: Also, I was wondering if region will matter for PSP games. Like for the DS i can just grab whatever and play it because its region free. But what about PSP isos? Does the same apply?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Primworm said:
EDIT: Also, I was wondering if region will matter for PSP games. Like for the DS i can just grab whatever and play it because its region free. But what about PSP isos? Does the same apply?

PSP games are region free as well.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i budgeted everything out, care to tell me your thoughts?

Deal Extreme:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472 Pandora, $10.50
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8693 USB charger x 2 $5(rounded number)
Free shipping?

Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820171130 4 GB card, $37
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820191419 1 gig card, $12.50, for magic memory
Shipping: 3 day, $6

Total: $71

look good? Its about half my paycheck, but it looks good. I did pick the right memory sticks right?

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
WTH games are YOU playing? I've only run into 1~2 games that are 1.3GB or higher, and VERY few that are 1GB+ maybe 10~20 at max worth playing (Maybe you only play graphics heavy games)

LOL, maybe, I also play some games as ISO's instead of CSO's, like God of War and Final Fantasy. Right now, I have Monster Hunter Freedom 2 ISO, Secret Agent Clank CSO, Prince of Persia CSO, and Tomb Raider ISO. And my card is almost full, so that is why I said I wold only be able to fit about 2 games on a 2 gig. But you're probably right, it's probably just the games that I play
smile.gif

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Primworm said:
Well i budgeted everything out, care to tell me your thoughts?
Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820171130 4 GB card, $37
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820191419 1 gig card, $12.50, for magic memory
Shipping: 3 day, $6

Total: $71

look good? Its about half my paycheck, but it looks good. I did pick the right memory sticks right?

I have that Sandisk 4 gig for my son's PSP, and so far it seems to work good, but the write time is really slow. You sure you dont want to get the 4gig Lexar from Fry's? I checked the link, and it doesn't appear to be sold out.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive never had problems with sandisks, and they must have just restocked last night or something. Can someone else confirm on this sandisk card? Id rather not order from three seperate sites if i can help it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free