Ive got a question

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Primworm, Jun 21, 2008.

Jun 21, 2008

Ive got a question by Primworm at 2:19 AM (3,296 Views / 0 Likes) 46 replies

1. Primworm
    OP

Member Primworm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I need a site where i can buy a new PSP charger(thats not gonna melt on me) a 512 memory stick, and a pandora battery, if such a site exists. Im getting a free PSP from my sister that she got at her old job when no one claimed the lost PSP. She said i can have it in exchange for modding her PS2. Needless to say, I'm all over this idea, and I need this stuff ASAP. Thanks much.

2. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    www.dealextreme.com

3. Primworm
    OP

United States
    that is quite possibly the fastest reply ive gotten on any message board. Thanks much!

EDIT: how is this on a charger? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.65 Is there a better one? I'm looking, but i dont see anything. Also, Im not sure if this comes with a memory card or not, so im holding off on that for a minute, but are there any other recommended accessories for a PSP that has a(from what i was told) slightly cracked screen? Thanks

4. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    That is a charger/data cable, so you wont need any other cables for your PSP. It doesn't come with a memory card, but they are here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/searc...ick%20pro%20duo

Here are the Pandora Batteries they have: http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/searc...ndora%20battery

some of the batteries come with memory sticks as a package deal

5. Primworm
    OP

United States
    Well see i guess my sister found the PSP at her job last year, no one claimed it, so she took it. She doesn't use it so that's why i don't know if it has a memory card, especially since i didn't even know where the damn card slot was when i was looking at my friends once. for all i know there's a 4 gig stick in there. I will probably drive over there monday before monday night raw (nothing about my watching wrestling habits please [​IMG] ) and pick it up. Hopefully i get paid saturday, or ill have a dead PSP on me for a while im sure >_>.

6. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Don't buy deal extreme memory cards, there have been many notable problems with them. Try and find a local store to get them from cheap, there are threads here that have a few cheap options listed within.

7. solange82200

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I agree with Pyrofyr, the memory sticks on dealextreme are notorious for being slow, you need a good stick to play psp games. I just got a 4 gig Lexar from frys.com, for 39 bucks with an 18 dollar rebate, making it about 21 dollars. Lots of folks on this thread have recommended it as being a fast (if not the fastest) memory stick. Also, not sure if its still going on, but I got a 4gig Sandisk Ulra II (also fast) at bestbuy for 44.99 (originally they are about 80 bucks!).

8. Primworm
    OP

United States
    well i was hoping on ordering it all from the same place. I need the small card for making a magic stick. Plus i was hoping to cut down on shipping costs as much as possible. ugh now im kinda mad about that X_X. Ive always hated ordering from multiple sites but if i have to. then i guess i have to, but i need details on this rebate. Care to fill me in?

9. Pyrofyr

United States
    I would advise against it, although for a mem stick it might be 'tolerable' I'd HIGHLY advise against getting ANYTHING from there for playing games.

I've found the best buy deals to be great, almost rivaling frys....
    Frys - 4GB - 18.99
    Sam's Club - 2GB - 10.01

Sam's Clubs are near everywhere, whereas Frys don't seem to be as 'local', so you'd have to pay shipping which is [​IMG]

10. Primworm
    OP

United States
    See I live in a small town, in which, other than walmarts within 30 minutes, sams club is about an hour out. If i have to pay double shipping, than so be it, im still not happy about it =P.

11. Pyrofyr

United States
    With gas prices, it ends up rivaling shipping, so you're probably indeed just about even with them that way.

12. Primworm
    OP

United States
    See my vehicle is a gas hog, so shipping is going to end up being cheaper in this case. Also, frys is sold out, i just checked. So basically, Ill have to order from amazon.

EDIT: Namely, this one right here http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMSPD-4096-...8033&sr=8-2

Look good?

Edit 2: Also, i dont need an adapter for that assuming i just use the PSP as the reader right?

13. Pyrofyr

United States
    Yea, you won't. Most readers that read MS Duo, also read MS Pro Duo anyway. [​IMG]

Just so you know, most Amazon third party dealers are also just as bad as DealExtreme, so try and purchase directly from them, or don't bother.

14. Primworm
    OP

United States
    I order all the time from amazon, so i am not worried about it, theres also newegg i can goto. So i have choices.

15. Pyrofyr

United States
    Newegg is a choice, but I don't remember them beign especially cheap. If you want cheap you might be able to look into the microSD->MSProDuo adapters and get one of those, but overall online should be a decent way if you can aviod scams.

The large problem with Amazon is the dealers not Amazon, same problem is on eBay, people selling fake batteries, memory, games, you name it!

16. Shyn

Member Shyn GBAtemp Regular

United States
  17. Primworm
    OP

United States
    well for a dedicated memory stick i was thinking a $10 1 gig from deal extreme. I wont need it that long, For modding the PSP ill be getting, a possible slim ill pick up in the feature, and i think im gonna mod my friends PSP as well, so he doesn't keep skipping school to go buy and play games. Ill obviously backup the... uhhh, well whatever its called that you backup from the PSP itself. Anyway, looking at that, that is a good buy.... a VERY good buy. I still have to get a 4 gig for the PSP itself, unless it comes with one, then I will check back here on weather or not its "real". Honestly, im pumped as hell, and im looking forward to picking it up monday. Or atleast thats my plan. God i hope it works out that way.

18. Pyrofyr

United States
    Well, there are af ew things to note
    1)DealExtreme takes 7~21 days to get to you, in my recent trials I've noted more or less 7~10 days however.
    2)All DealExtreme cards are slow, they're cheap ripoffs from china, hence why they are so slow and so cheap.
    3)It's fine to get a DX cart for a magic mem stick, since you should rarely have to use it hopefully, and you never really have to move files on and off of it either. However, speed counts a lot for most games, especially free-roamers like GoW and GTA.

You also probably won't need a 1GB, 512MB is PLENTY of space, even with the NAND dump on the stick as well!
    Now, as such I will say that I'm having a 2GB for mine, but only because it as well was so cheap (10 bucks lulz)

You'll probably want a 2GB for your games btw, or larger. I find that 4GB aren't needed, but 2GB are great as well. You can get cheap prices at Best Buy for a 4GB if you have one nearby. (44 bucks for 4GB, which is quite 'decent' for not having to buy online and wait, or whatnot), or 25 2GB ones which are good for you since you have not muche lse nearby. I can vouch for the 2GB one, I bought one, SanDisk (Go to the camera dept, not the gaming! [​IMG])

19. Primworm
    OP

United States
    oh yeah, i know, i was planning only using it as a magic stick. at most id throw MP3s on there, for easy listening. I really hope i get paid tomorrow. Also, does that charger i posted earlier really work? I thought i read somewhere that the fat PSPs dont charge via USB, unless i looked at it wrong and theres a port for USB and one for power.

20. Shyn

Member Shyn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I usually recommend people to keep a dedicated MMS, unless they have another card reader aside from the PSP they could use to make a new one. It would suck to be left with a brick and no means of unbricking it.

As for the one that may come with the PSP, it doesn't necessarily matter if it is real, more than if it is fast. Run a homebrew called Blackspeed v2 to find out the read/write speeds on the card.