Status
Not open for further replies.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He could probably argue that (Depending on what the description of the item says.) Say he bought the game from the ebay seller.
But I'm just a stupid minor looking for solutions, (oh and I don't live in Argentina so I don't know how certain policies for trade work their.) But regardless. I don't think its the end of the world here. That's just my advice
In Mercado Libre you don't have the level of protection you normally have on eBay regarding reimbursements or so.
If they scam you, you just got screwed.
Also publications are from privates, and they can vanish. Nintendo normally doesn't give a crap about Argentina, so they wouldn't really look into it or help you.
Actually, I'm not really sure if there is even a support phone number from Nintendo in Argentina.

JPnintendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Basically this. Except maybe 800% worse on Venezuela. (not kidding. I'm dead serious)

I mean when a 60$ game is more than 5 months worth of your daily job (without spending a single dime on anything else) you know your country is fucked up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I get it, man. Don't worry too much about it. Unlink that console from the account and play physical only from now on. It's better to wait a little for games than being banned from online all together.
Yeah, just unlinked it. I got the refund from ML... but the seller is still there scaming people :(.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you even buy games from the US eshop without a US credit card? I know that the US Playstation store wouldn't let me buy anything with my card.
Nope, not from the USA.
But back in the day I was able to use my Argentine credit card to buy games from the Canadian 3DS eShop.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He could probably argue that (Depending on what the description of the item says.) Say he bought the game from the ebay seller.
But I'm just a stupid minor looking for solutions, (oh and I don't live in Argentina so I don't know how certain policies for trade work their.) But regardless. I don't think its the end of the world here. That's just my advice
It's technically possible but it's a long shot.
I can assure you that percentage is nowhere close to real either. It must have been over 1000% since may last year. Around 600-700% this year. Parallel dollar went from i dunno 400VEF x $ to 5000VEF x $. That's like 12 times what was last year if my calculations are right. And everything here is measured via parallel means since no one other than the government gets access to legit currency exchange. (around 800VEF x $ nowadays)

And yeah. Going to buy groceries with cash? Better get a backpack to carry all that money with you. Buying a phone is a nightmare since you need ridiculous amounts of cash and it's pretty hard to hide.

About the last point. Yeah, people don't realize they're in heaven until they taste hell barehanded.
Yeah, sorry for misreading your post, I don't remember where I got 570 from. Best regards to you and your people, we all wish you the best.

Reactions: Alex658

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Can you even buy games from the US eshop without a US credit card? I know that the US Playstation store wouldn't let me buy anything with my card.

Depends on your country and their currency policies. If your credit card can auto-convert/buy dollars (Visa/MasterCard mostly) then it should work. It doesn't work here because the goverment took full control of the currency exchange since '13. And the dollars you could "buy" with your credit card were hindered useless unless you used a goverment bank credit card. (even then it was hard to make use of it)

Now it doesn't matter if you have a government bank credit card or not. Only politicians can buy the legal dollars at the legal exchange rate.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Easy there, everyone. I know that pretty much everyone has valid points about this being a really, really dumb move, but I can sorta get it being a guy his age.

@JPnintendo, it's pretty undebatable that it wasn't the smartest move, but it's a learning experience, so I hope you can keep this in mind for the future. It's best not to be desperate and go for something you want without fully knowing all the details (I'm still trying to wrap my head around how this went), especially if it's from an outside source; so I think it's best to wait a little more for it when the chance arrives and it doesn't involve anything risky.

I'm actually not sure myself since I don't own a Switch (yet), but I can say that since the currency is linked to the region you're in (at least for 3DS and Wii U), so I guess it can be the case. That's pretty much the reason I have an American account even though I reside in Mexico, things are less expensive in the States, and since I currently don't own a credit card, I usually try to get some eShop credit if I get the chance when I travel there sometimes

brunormalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, if it works like in Brazil, you can open a "complaint" in "mercado libre" and ask for your money back. Next time buy only from eshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-