iTunes vs. DivX: Which is better?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like a program for Windows that can play videos/movies/music with ease, i have 2 options: iTunes and DivX
iTunes is simple enough, it has the world's worst signing up process for an account, but you get all these songs and movies you can buy (even though your better off torronting). And there's DivX with a cool cutting-edge interface and fast playback, but with a few minor bugs here and there.

So what should i go with? iTunes, DivX or Windows Media Player with the Halo 2 skin?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
neither

Kodi (formally XBMC)
https://kodi.tv/
Color me impress, Kodi has it all and more, i think i'll use this as a better alternative.
Ah yes, 2008 times.
For playing files on the computer, I and a lot of other people use VLC media player.
VLC Media Player is pretty primitive, and it's streaming features never work for me, it's only good for OGG files, which i found out Kodi can play.
wtf is DivX?
A gem of a media player, it comes with it's own video codec and file structure for video files to make them smaller and higher quality.

D

Deleted User

VLC player is the best. I find iTunes a little annoying. Never used Divx.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
wtf is DivX?
Whoa, hold on now. You're young, we get it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

VLC player is the best. I find iTunes a little annoying. Never used Divx.

iTunes is, in my opinion, the worst media player out right now.

D

Deleted User

I use VLC for everything, tho it can be a bitch sometimes. I can't get used to anything else that has to simplicity of VLC and does all the same things (and maybe more). ITunes is shit and I forgot it could play media files.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Deleted User

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
VLC plays everything, has all the modern bells and whistles, and is one of the lightest on resources. How is it primitive?
It looks like late 90's software, whereas other media players are more nicely design.
Besides, most of VLC's features are unnecessary for me, so i find no use for it, please respect my opinion.

D

Deleted User

It looks like late 90's software, whereas other media players are more nicely design.
Besides, most of VLC's features are unnecessary for me, so i find no use for it, please respect my opinion.
You can skin it, and nobody's disrespecting your opinion.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ugly/basic interface != Primitive

VLC is very good for pretty much anything.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Winamp looks like it is powered by the Voodoo Graphics Card in 1980 with some skins, does that mean it is garbage? Nah. Looks don't matter
Same for XMPlay, and this one is possibly one of the best, even today hahaha.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I only really like the way XMPlay looks, it doesn't play enough formats for me to want to use it as my main.
Plugins! On my side, XMPlay supports more formats compared to VLC or Foobar2000, assuming you have the proper plugin for them, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1