It's terrible, but I still love it nonetheless.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sonic 06 How could a dev pass game when clearly it had many issues(bugs)? Specially the fact it was a Sonic game.

(Never played just basing what I hear about it.)

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duffmmann said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Everyone says Super Mario Sunshine wasn't that good, but I honestly enjoy it more than both Mario Galaxy games. I don't know why though. Probably just nostalgia or personal preference.

Its not that Sunshine wasn't good, its just that it didn't live up to Mario 64. Having said that, it is a great game thats a lot of fun. But i definitely prefer the galaxy games over Sunshine though, you might stand alone with that thought.

I know a couple people who have told me they liked Sunshine better, but most of them said they never beat Galaxy. I've beaten Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2 100%. With that in mind, I prefer Sunshine for a few reasons.

1. Sunshine is harder. I found that I died plenty of times re-playing Sunshine, but re-playing Mario Galaxy didn't yield a single death. Some might say that they prefer an easier game, but I like a challenge.

2. Fludd vs. gravity. I found that the gravity effects in Galaxy was the main draw vs. Fludd in Sunshine. Even though the gravity effect is cool and used in creative ways, I liked how Fludd was used more in that it was a weapon as well as a tool you can use to help you in platforming. The Star Spin is also an attack/jump boost, but I don't think it was as fun to use as Fludd.

3. Open Worlds. Compared to Galaxy, the worlds in Sunshine are massive and require you to throughly explore them. Galaxy (And especially Galaxy 2) have a more streamlined approach where you explore a large area in a more linear fashion. Even though Galaxy has more variety, I still think Sunshine's worlds were more inviting to explore even if they were all tropical island themed.

4. Physics. Even though I think both games have the perfect physics engine to match their levels, I just prefer the feeling of Sunshine. That's just how I feel, I won't say for a second that one is superior to the other.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest issue with Sunshine was FLUDD, it was a gimmick that I didn't really dig that much. Plus the inclusion of that got rid of the long jump, one of my favorite moves. I can see that if you dig FLUDD liking Sunshine more. But personally, the gravity really is a great draw to me.

Also, I know its a nitpick, but I REALLY hated the voice acting in Sunshine, was so glad to see it return to grunts with subtitles in the Galaxy games. I mean hearing what Bowser's voice sounds like was truly devastating.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I agree. Mario Sunshine gives you a retro feel, it's interesting to find stuff across levels, and the difficulty given is greater. The soundtracks are exquisite, and of course, the physics feel more real, besides the freedom to move/jump wherever you wanted, which I hated in galaxy.

Mario Galaxy was indeed a graphic beauty game, it has some nice scenarios, heck, walking while you see a blackhole beneath you was awesome, but the game itself didn't make it for me.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:
m3rox said:
Yeah, I was once into Pokemon games. It's ok to like a bad game once in a while.
What makes Pokemon "bad" in any way? Might as well call every other RPG with less than half of the content Pokemon has bad. Which is pretty much 90% of the RPG category. I'm curious as to which pokemon insulted your mother more?

EDIT: I'm quite partial to certain glitchy POSs like NV.
The majority of m3rox's posts are troll-worthy posts if you haven't noticed by now.

On-Topic: Most people I know hated Super Paper Mario, but I enjoyed it a lot. On the flipside (No SPM pun intended), I hated TLoZ: Minish Cap, where most people I know loved it.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I also hated minish cap. It wasn't the same as oracle of seasons & oracle of ages, those were great. To tell you the truth, the "new" revamp Nintendo did to zelda videogames right after Majora's Mask weren't as awesome, as they used to be. However, once Twilight Princess was released, it brought back some of the old zelda essence

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
machomuu said:
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:
To the original poster: I wonder if I shall over-look the bugs if I ever play this game...

To the audience: I like Pokemon Ranger, Sonic Heroes, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Sonic Unleashed.
I don't care what anyone says, I love the Pokemon Ranger series.
+1
some of my friends even prefer ranger over the original ones
i really love ranger
too bad i lost my retail pokemon ranger 1

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
I also hated minish cap. It wasn't the same as oracle of seasons & oracle of ages, those were great. To tell you the truth, the "new" revamp Nintendo did to zelda videogames right after Majora's Mask weren't as awesome, as they used to be. However, once Twilight Princess was released, it brought back some of the old zelda essence

Sort of agree.

Four Swords, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks aren't the greatest Zelda games. Of course they're still great games, but they don't feel as fun or amazing as some of the classic Zelda games.

Having said that, Windwaker was amazing though.

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
duffmmann said:
Coto said:

Sort of agree.

Four Swords, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks aren't the greatest Zelda games. Of course they're still great games, but they don't feel as fun or amazing as some of the classic Zelda games.

Having said that, Windwaker was amazing though.
i agree
all of the one duffman stated were very easy too
especially spirit tracks

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
@Sonic 06 How could a dev pass game when clearly it had many issues(bugs)? Specially the fact it was a Sonic game.

(Never played just basing what I hear about it.)

Bethesda basically does that but their games don't suck that much (Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Oblivion from personal experience, haven't tried Brink yet but I've heard it's buggy).

I don't see why people like Sunshine so much. It just added completely random and honestly bad mechanics as well as a really cheesy "save the environment!" message. Galaxy was just a lot better in terms of everything. The world's weren't as "open" but you had to replay through them a couple of times for different stars (and the environments would change according to the star you were going after).

But you really should all play Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 if you want platformers that are mindblowingly amazing.

Ikki said:
QUOTE(YayMii @ Jun 5 2011, 03:59 AM) Shouldn't it be called Sonic '06 then?
Well, Mortal Kombat 2011 is called Mortal Kombat. Ask the people behind the game.

Commonly though people will refer to it as Sonic '06 to avoid confusion with other Sonic games. Like Medal of Honor (the 2010 version) is referred to as MoH '10, Prince of Persia (the 2008 cell shaded game) is referred to as PoP '08, and Mortal Kombat will probably be referred to as MK '11

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Slyakin said:
I really liked the Zelda DS titles (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks). I can't believe that they were considered bad.
phantom hourglass wasn't bad but not as good as let's say twilight princess or majora's mask/oot
spirit tracks was easy as hell

BloodyFlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:
To the original poster: I wonder if I shall over-look the bugs if I ever play this game...

To the audience: I like Pokemon Ranger, Sonic Heroes, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Sonic Unleashed.
I don't care what anyone says, I love the Pokemon Ranger series.

Pokemon Ranger: It was awesome, in my opinion.
Sonic and the Secret Rings: I had ton of problems, mainly controls.
Sonic Unleashed: The day stages are awesome and of the boss fights I did, were epic. However, the night stages turned Sonic into the opposite of what he should be, fast, which is what I thought ruined the game. Sonic Colours is like all the day stages put into one game, which is why that is one of my most favorite Sonic games.

aminemaster said:
Slyakin said:
I really liked the Zelda DS titles (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks). I can't believe that they were considered bad.
phantom hourglass wasn't bad but not as good as let's say twilight princess or majora's mask/oot
spirit tracks was easy as hell

My problem with Spirit Tracks was the detection with the Mic. The tracks made traveling linear, which is why I thought that Phantom Hourglass was better. Otherwise, the game is pretty good.

QUOTE(Tonitonichopchop @ Jun 4 2011, 03:58 PM)
Everyone says Super Mario Sunshine wasn't that good, but I honestly enjoy it more than both Mario Galaxy games. I don't know why though. Probably just nostalgia or personal preference.

I loved Sunshine. Fludd gave more platforming variety with it's hovering, rocket nozzle, and turbo nozzle. I liked the spin jump, and it was a shame to see that it was the only game with it, as far as I know.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Super Paper Mario was good. As a sequel to The Thousand Year Door it failed epically, but on it's own I found it to be a fun game with a good amount of challenge (Assuming you complete the flopside pit of 100 trials).

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Guild McCommunist said:
Commonly though people will refer to it as Sonic '06 to avoid confusion with other Sonic games. Like Medal of Honor (the 2010 version) is referred to as MoH '10, Prince of Persia (the 2008 cell shaded game) is referred to as PoP '08, and Mortal Kombat will probably be referred to as MK '11
That's what I said in my other post.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

Right, I'm not saying they were bad. In fact I have them and have beat them both after putting good amounts of time in them. I just don't think they're the strongest Zelda titles.

However, even the weakest Zelda title (excluding the CDI games of course) is still a fantastic game. There isn't an official Zelda game on a Nintendo console that I don't like.

Rabbi Nevins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phantom hourglass and spirit tracks are just different then other zelda games. The reason I didnt like them (and im a HUGE zelda fanatic) was just because they were TOO innovative. The touch screen controls being mandatory was so untraditional it caught me off guard and was a disappointment. The last portable zelda game nintendo had made was links awakening so I was hoping there would be another traditional zelda game. With button controls and a world map. Instead I found myself having trouble seeing the screen because my hand was in the way and I found myself not get as much precision then If I were to use the buttons. A great game that was delivered in a poor way in my opinion. The controls just arent zelda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Remember when RiiShop was a thing?