OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://kotaku.com/5584609/nintendo-believe...can-stop-piracy

Nintendo Believes The 3DS Can Stop PiracyEarlier models of the Nintendo DS are awash in a sea of pirated games. The upcoming 3DS? It might be a tougher nut to crack.

That's according to THQ, anyways, whose executive VP of global publishing Ian Curran told CVG, "What excites me even more [than 3DS games] is that there's technology built in that device to really combat piracy".

"The problem with the DS market in the last few years, particularly with the DS Lite, is that it's just been attacked by piracy. It's made it almost impossible to shift any significant volume. The DSi combated it a little bit, but the 3DS has taken that a step further."

"I actually asked Nintendo to explain the technology and they said it's very difficult to do so because it's so sophisticated," he adds. "They combated the piracy on DSI, which they don't believe is cracked yet - but they know they've been hurt across the world and they believe the 3DS has got technology that can stop that."

Take it with a grain of salt, since pirates haven't even had a shot at the system yet, but it's not often you see a man that excited by anti-piracy measures.

In a battle with the biggest pirate crackers on GBATemp vs. Nintendo 3DS, who will win?

N4RU70 FR34K

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it will still be possible to play pirated games but it will definately be harder considering that it's technology is so "sophisticated".

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This encouraged the hackers a lot to try to hack the 3DS...
Everyone love's a good challenge
tongue.gif

Lushay

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hackers for me. Even though i don't really use my Acekard for Games much. But it does help me with my next purchase. and i love homebrew. Beup is wonderful.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh my God, they finally did it.
Nintendo has gained enough international funds to convence international intelligence to construct hardware with complex security features and security software protocols and has the ability to re-encode stings to prevent hooks, hacks, and warez. Well I guess because of the expensive government striengh software and hardware security the software for the system will run around $70.00 - $80.00. It would be a shame if this is true and an ex-operative that would have worked for the international intelligence would crack and covert the security and create a hole, thus costing Nintendo so much money in losses and lawsuits(towards pirates and pirating sites) that the end consumers will cease purchasing their software and expensive being pushed to the point of bankruptcy.

Oh isn't the world of money and international politics a hoot?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Was it me or do i remember when they announced the 3DS they said you will be able to download updates on the go like mobile phones access the internet from anywhere? if that were true maybe they have a system in place to detect at anytime when you running a pirated version of a game and be used in some way to brick it?

thats what id do anyway lol

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh....The title is sort of misleading, in the latest discussion topics box. I thought this was about the 3DS, being able to play GBA games. Anyway, why is the fight specifically between GBAtemp, and Nintendo? Aren't there other sites, with "Hackers" on it? Or, is it specifically with GBAtemp, and Nintendo, because it was posted here? Either way, I'll give the 3DS 2 years. Someone, somewhere will find a loophole.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you know how many times this has been posted?

http://gbatemp.net/t239869-3ds-may-spell-e...y-s-piracy-woes

Posted 3 days ago with 5 pages of posts.

Why the need to start yet another thread on it? and with a stupid misleading topic title.

QUOTE said:
It's official.......GBATemp vs. Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo thinks no one will ever try to pirate 3DS

The reason they are putting a lot effort into anti piracy measures on this console is obviously because they do think people are going to try to pirate it. This is all posturing with developers, hence why this has come from THQ.

LOCK --->>

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the 3DS is never hacked. I would rather not have piracy on the 3DS to become as bad as it did with the DS, than to enjoy the possibilities of what the 3DS can do in terms of homebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night