SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no way to player newer games on older firmwares like the 3ds or have newer firmware but still keep the cfw like the 3ds not to mention i think online bans will happen way more often on the switch.

Reactions: Shadow#1

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from your usual grammar police reply, I'm trying to think of something I read in another thread. I think the word used was "OOOOOOOOF!"

Let's see how many will take his or her bait.

Last edited by isoboy,
Reactions: ElectroJo

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Whys hacking it worth it when you won't be able to play the new great games that will come out you can't even play Mario Odyssey i think its only worth hacking at eol.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Online is but a minor perk for some, and as it is Nintendo it is not like it will be similar to MS' or Sony's halfway competent efforts.

Also as mentioned in the other thread you posted something like this in there have been plenty of devices with similar setups (updatable kernels, downgrade prevention methods and more besides), for those we variously got the games decrypted, the kernels virtualised and the kernels stripped of fuse checks and similar such things. It makes modding and piracy harder, far from impossible though.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

I agree the switch offers very little to the would be homebrew enthusiast compared to the likes of the GBA and DS which were reasonably powerful devices, probably best in class, and relatively open to boot. Today and since the rise of android and ios (aka the thing that ended the DS and PSP scenes) that is not the case and incentives are all over the place for those wanting to make cool programs to go elsewhere. Still does not mean you don't try.

Reactions: ThoD and NekoMichi

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Online is but a minor perk for some, and as it is Nintendo it is not like it will be similar to MS' or Sony's halfway competent efforts.

Also as mentioned in the other thread you posted something like this in there have been plenty of devices with similar setups (updatable kernels, downgrade prevention methods and more besides), for those we variously got the games decrypted, the kernels virtualised and the kernels stripped of fuse checks and similar such things. It makes modding and piracy harder, far from impossible though.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

I agree the switch offers very little to the would be homebrew enthusiast compared to the likes of the GBA and DS which were reasonably powerful devices, probably best in class, and relatively open to boot. Today and since the rise of android and ios (aka the thing that ended the DS and PSP scenes) that is not the case and incentives are all over the place for those wanting to make cool programs to go elsewhere. Still does not mean you don't try.
Its not worth hacking until eol due to all the awesome games you can't play with out updating. unless you have two switches.

NatsumiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we can have emulators that allow us to play the same game that we have on 100 other devices. Duh.

No, because people like hacking their systems. For Homebrew and stuff.
Most of them don't even care about newer games. They just get a secondary Switch or borrow someone elses to play/finish it.

And if we get VC, you can bet your bum that people will go bat shit crazy in trying to inject new games.
Imagine if we get Gamecube VC. Portable Gamecube my boy.

Hackers will get this thing exploited on newer firmware, maybe not now but it will happen.
Who knows, maybe next year someone will surprise the hell out of us.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its not worth hacking until eol due to all the awesome games you can't play with out updating.
Did you read the post?

There have been many devices before now with similar such protections. They have all been defeated. We shall see in a few days what Nintendo did differently here but I am not seeing anything that would indicate there will not be a workable means by which to play newer games on hacked hardware.

Also great games on the switch? Bit optimistic there.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you read the post?

There have been many devices before now with similar such protections. They have all been defeated. We shall see in a few days what Nintendo did differently here but I am not seeing anything that would indicate there will be not workable means by which to play newer games on hacked hardware.

Also great games on the switch? Bit optimistic there.
The fuses are are a problem though previous Nintendo systems did not have fuses to stop downgrading.

rac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think skipping fuse checks on game will probably be able to happen, updating firmware without flipping fuses etc

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK THAN
9988b221e8c832e67ad7e96b0c259e8f09c007a3591580d803af471e8dc80abc.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.