Hacking Its not worth hacking the switch

D

Deleted-379826

OP, thank you so much. I've been kept awake all night every day this past month thinking about whether or not to update my switch and my mind is finally set. You have a concrete, universal opinion and lay down all the facts. I'm sure the hackers themselves will update After seeing this thread.

D

Deleted User

how do you figure?
show me one android phone or tablet that rocks an x1 and is capable of running playable GC emulation
there are none
inb4 pixel C
overpriced overrated tablet that has a miniscule user base and older architecture and nothing more than a novelty

the switch is the most advanced portable right now with a rapidly growing user base which will most likely surpass the DS and wii installed userbase if trends continue , Nintendo users only have one console to buy for this gen instead of having to buy a home and portable console which will double the sales right there
hopefully piracy will be a big enough incentive for flashcard teams to jump in to the game i honestly can't see them not doing so
the incentives will be bigger than ever

Any phone with Snapdragon 835 such as the Galaxy S8 or the OnePlus 5(T) can emulate GameCube just fine using Vulkan backend on Dolphin. It can even emulate a few Wii games at full speed.
In-fact it can emulate it better than the X1 that is in both the Shield TV and Switch. I actually own both and have tested extensively on the Shield TV and my OnePlus 5T.
Early next year the Snapdragon 845 chipset will be released on phones like the Galaxy S9 with a clock-speed of 2.8 GHz and roughly a 30-40% improvement over the 835. I am pretty sure it will be able to emulate demanding games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime at full speed.

At the moment pretty much every game of the GameCube library can run on the Snapdragon 835 full speed. The only one that I know of that suffers is Metroid Prime and that still runs at nearly full speed at about 50-60 fps.

If you check out the video link below you can see that the Snapdragon 835 is already running Mario Galaxy at nearly full speed (between 50-60 fps).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the Switch or the Shield TV. Both are awesome devices!

Last edited by ,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with OP, but I don't see the point of posting this thread. Especially on gbatemp. It's super clear what the general consensus is.

I think the user pool will be pretty small due to the requirement of such low firmware. We'll see.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any phone with Snapdragon 835 such as the Galaxy S8 or the OnePlus 5(T) can emulate GameCube just fine using Vulkan backend on Dolphin. It can even emulate a few Wii games at full speed.
In-fact it can emulate it better than the X1 that is in both the Shield TV and Switch. I actually own both and have tested extensively on the Shield TV and my OnePlus 5T.
Early next year the Snapdragon 845 chipset will be released on phones like the Galaxy S9 with a clock-speed of 2.8 GHz and roughly a 30-40% improvement over the 835. I am pretty sure it will be able to emulate demanding games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime at full speed.

At the moment pretty much every game of the GameCube library can run on the Snapdragon 835 full speed. The only one that I know of that suffers is Metroid Prime and that still runs at nearly full speed at about 50-60 fps.

If you check out the video link below you can see that the Snapdragon 835 is already running Mario Galaxy at nearly full speed (between 50-60 fps).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the Switch or the Shield TV. Both are awesome devices!

wow running on a /csg/ phone ,the mi 6 i am impressed ,
i hope xiaomi releases a new mi pad with an 845 in it and brings back the sd slot
EDIT: nope looks like they are going with MTK again
i wish they would go back tot he day of mi pad 1 and use decent chips

Last edited by weatMod,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yeah but i hope cfw devlopers this time are smart enough to hide ninty from knowing we have cfw you saw the huge ban wave with the 3ds and switch has paid onine so thats money wasted if you paid for online and get banned.
The banwave on the 3DS still doesn't have a determining factor. Blaming it solely on CFW is wrong, as there's still a HUGE number playing online with CFW.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o