Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone uses Twitter though. Like I said, it won't be many but even a few people missing out would be a real shame.
I mean they send an email and notify you through Steam now when your Deck is ready for purchase. It'd be pretty hard to miss both of those things unless you don't have email notifications on your phone and only login to Steam like once a week.

Reactions: Taleweaver

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I mean they send an email and notify you through Steam now when your Deck is ready for purchase. It'd be pretty hard to miss both of those things unless you don't have email notifications on your phone and only login to Steam like once a week.
So you're saying that if i don't regularly check my mails, steam, Twitter or news sources on the internet, Gabe Newell won't personally come to my house to inform me I can order my steam deck? Damn... I expected more from valve. :P

Reactions: Xzi

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you're saying that if i don't regularly check my mails, steam, Twitter or news sources on the internet, Gabe Newell won't personally come to my house to inform me I can order my steam deck? Damn... I expected more from valve. :P
Maybe I'm not as connected as some but I often go a few days without checking email, Twitter or Steam. I really don't see why they couldn't give people a week to respond, although I do wonder what would happen if someone missed it and then contacted them the day after. Something tells me Valve would be cool about it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how accurate that calculator is but if you scroll down to the table on this reddit post you can get a really good idea of when you can expect yours..

Yeah I'm gonna hope the calculator is right, because my reserve time is showing 50 minutes later than where e-mails are currently at. That'd be ten weeks before mine ships if the 256GB queue is only moving five minutes a week. Presumably shipments will again speed up soon. Gotta feel bad for those in the 512GB queue regardless.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They only just started shipping twice a week and will be ramping up numbers too, so the data until now probably isn't a good indicator going forward. I just hope there isn't a big gap at some point due to shortages.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've used that estimator before and came in at mid may. Haven't tried again since the announcement of potential mails on Thursdays. But even so: it's an estimation. Better than checking tea leaves, but not by a large margin.

Edit: for those who care... With my credentials, i now (still) get an estimated 16th of May outcome.
It's definitely not right because I just tried it and got minus 4 days :rofl:
Erm... I hate to ask, but... Have you checked your spam/unwanted mails folder?

Last edited by Taleweaver,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Erm... I hate to ask, but... Have you checked your spam/unwanted mails folder?

Here's the table from my post above..

pjICiYn.jpg

My order eventually went through at 17:18:33 for the 256GB, so according to the table I'm about 2 mins away (obviously not everyone reports their email on the reddit so I could be even closer).

You can also see how excruciatingly slow some of the queues are.

Reactions: Taleweaver

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats buddy.. if they are done for the day I missed out by 13 seconds! Gutted lol.. but at least I'm guaranteed to get it on Thursday.
Thnx, 13 sec ouch but Thrusday is def. for you ( if they actually do thrus. no Guarantee)!
I got my 1 tb ssd ready and Im going to take a Trip in early May so I will be testing it out

Reactions: Taleweaver and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: