It's Deckmas Day!!!

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Pretty much yeah. Not sure why I didn't get an email. Mine still says Q1, so I suppose I'll see what happens next week.

Ah alright, I also reserved the 64gb model but at 5 min past. I suppose the 64gb wasnt as popular in Europe. Hope you get it soon!

Reactions: Chary

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
So, realistically, when do you think we can expect our first batch being delivered (EU here)?

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So, realistically, when do you think we can expect our first batch being delivered (EU here)?

I have no experience with ordering from Valve but as far as I know, their European warehouse is in Netherlands. Usually orders from Netherlands take about 4-5 working days to my location, from my experience. I'm hoping to have it by Friday next week but maybe I'm too optimistic 😅 i wouldve paid for express shipping if that was an option

Reactions: tpax

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have no experience with ordering from Valve but as far as I know, their European warehouse is in Netherlands. Usually orders from Netherlands take about 4-5 working days to my location, from my experience. I'm hoping to have it by Friday next week but maybe I'm too optimistic 😅 i wouldve paid for express shipping if that was an option
This seems realistic. It's been years since i ordered my steam controller, and presumed it would take weeks(I'm in Belgium) , but it arrived a lot faster than that.

Reactions: onibaku

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
In the shipment details, the shipping status changed to "Shipping Soon"

deckship1.jpg

I really hope, that we'll receive our units by the end of the week at latest.

Reactions: onibaku

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In the shipment details, the shipping status changed to "Shipping Soon"

deckship1.jpg

I really hope, that we'll receive our units by the end of the week at latest.

Mine says the same now, I suppose the order has been processed. I hope the same :D

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh lucky you, enjoy it! :D Mine is currently in Denmark :( im going out of town on Friday, hope it arrives before I leave 😅

Reactions: tpax

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I GOT MINE!!! :D

Yup... It's Q2 as of today, and sure enough : got the mail, ordered and paid. Figured it would take some days or even a week (or at least until after the weekend) for the shipment to arrive, but... Here we are.

I was working from home today, so i got the package myself. Didn't really expect it, and since girlfriend orders a lot online i wasn't paying attention (so i can't confirm or deny Gabe delivered it personally... Probably not, though ;)).

And then i saw the name 'Taleweaver McTaleweaver' (okay : my real name). Huh... That couldn't be...?

But it was. Right above was valve 's name on the package, right above an address i don't know from a city about ten minutes by car from here (valve's local quarters? Storage room? I don't know). So the fast delivery isn't THAT surprising, but still... Wow!

And... Yeah. It's a deck, alright. Partially charged, but more than enough to go for a test drive. Wait... Lemme conjure you a picture. Hidden, if course : i don't want to make others jealous. :)

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY EVERYONE!!! :D
... hah! You thought i got my deck but i still gotta wait until at least who knows, so MUHAHAHA...

Okay, i rather have this is real, but ey... It'll get here someday.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some info for those still waiting :

You probably heard that the production rollout is ramping up in April (yeey), and that valve sent their mails out on Monday (so there's no use in refreshing your mailbox every five minutes). But I've heard they might be sending it out on me than just that day.

... More specifically: valve will also send out mails on Thursdays as well.

Source :

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2022/...purchase-emails-twice-a-week//page=2#comments

Our more specifically :

(edit : i'm still waiting as well, btw. If a weird predicting site I've found is accidentally accurate (it doesn't pretend it's doing more than guessing, btw), I've got more than an extra month to go.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Er, I don't see any official announcement anywhere that they are going to send emails twice a week so isn't that going to potentially cause some people to miss their chance?

If someone is using an email account they only check every Monday specifically for the reservation.. that's more than 72 hrs after the previous Thursday! Not saying that will be many people but you would think with the short deadline they would at least make an official announcement.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't the steam deck Twitter an official announcement?

Not everyone uses Twitter though. Like I said, it won't be many but even a few people missing out would be a real shame.

On another topic, WTF is going on with the UK queue.. The US is upto ~17 mins and yet the UK is lagging behind at ~7 mins, and that's with an overwhelmingly larger number of orders in the US. I'm guessing Valve totally misjudged how many units to send to the UK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: