itouchds

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by estya, Aug 15, 2010.

Aug 15, 2010

itouchds by estya at 2:46 PM (1,399 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. estya
    OP

Newcomer estya Member

United States
    Anyone have one of these or have a review on it? Thanks!

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
  3. estya
    OP

Newcomer estya Member

United States
    Aaarrrgghhhhh!!! Why can't it just be simple as get this card it rocks? I'm new to this scene and trying to pick a card but research on all the cards just keep confusing me as to which to get...

4. 0ddity

Member 0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I went with the DSTT, because about the only negatives people had to say about it was the GUI and the lack of compatibility with newer games, but with Pong and Retro keeping the Extinfo.dat, Savlib.dat and Infolib.dat files updated for new games with ysmenu, and GUI alternatives like dsision2, dscovered, and the r4 menu being available for it, for the price it can't be beat.

5. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    I personally wouldn't recommend the DSTT, it's about the same price as the R4DS.
    R4DS and DSTT can both use YSMenu, but Wood R4 is well, exclusive to R4 and it's a hell of a lot better.
    You can use their GUI alternatives on a number of flashcarts too.

6. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Yeah, I suggest the DSTWO also. It's one of the only 3 cards to have a built-in CPU (iPlayer, DSTWO, EX4i) and that means it has a GBA emulator and some other neat features you won't get on other cards. And the DSTWO is the only card out of the three to have a public SDK releasing soon, and that means there will be an increase of homebrew that takes advantage of the DSTWO's CPU.

My only gripes with it is that it's slightly thicker than a regular cart, which makes the card a little harder to remove compared to other cards. And that it takes a little less than an hour from the battery life of the console (this might vary on the brightness level though). Also, it's one of the more expensive carts out there. But these can be excused because they are due to the CPU (which fuels all the exclusive features).

7. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    Without a doubt though, it's much better value than the now over-priced CycloDS.
    Don't get me wrong the CycloDS is great, it's got a really good build, and fantastic support, and some great features, notably one of the first to have real-time saves, but in the long run it does less than the DStwo, does not work on the DSi, and costs more.

8. estya
    OP

Newcomer estya Member

United States
    Awesome! Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will be going with the Acekard, but since I have a DS lite and don't intend to get a DSi should I still get the Acekard 2i or just the Acekard 2? Is there any benefit to the 2i other than DSi compatibility?

9. RupeeClock

United Kingdom
    There was a bad batch of 2.1's in the past, but I don't know if that's still an issue or not.
    The ones that Shoptemp sell should be just fine.

The build quality of 2.1 vs 2i seems to be a bit of a debate, the 2.1 has plastic clips whilst the 2i has a glued shell.
    Lately though, looking around people seem to prefer the 2.1 which is apparently built better and has less contact issues.

10. estya
    OP

Newcomer estya Member

United States
    Cool! Think I'll get the 2.1