iTouch2 Impressions

rabz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is the only flash carts to doesn't have the function ???
It possible to add the function by a upgrade of the FW of the itouch ??

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks Great
biggrin.gif

iwakura beat us to it though
biggrin.gif

I smell i GBAtemp review coming up
smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
My iTouch2 DSi themed skin is coming along. I've spent quite a few hours today working on it. It's still a work in progress but here's what it more or less looks like at the moment:

DSiskinmockup.jpg

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
@ opium
cool man, i look forward to seeing the finished thing. while the default theme isn't too bad, i was toying with the idea of making my own. i'll probably end up using yours if you finish it though.

one thing that's weird is the game icons that seem as though they should have alpha transparency, instead show up with the ultra-bright colors from the GIF pallette or whatever. for example, hot pink instead of see-through. Whereas if i loaded the same roms on my R4, the transparency would be there. i find that to be slightly annoying.

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
iTouch2 is not confirmed to have any further udpater of Nintendo firmware renew...but it's still good cause it produced by M3 team...frequently update keep it alive...
iTouch2 now have another version,without RTS function,about 5$ cheaper...so..no extra,just like other "i" card

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just heard back from the iTouch2 team.

The iTouch2 can NOT be upgraded. So if a DSi update stops it from running then there's nothing you can do. The boot code is non updatable.

Also, a new loader update will come out next week which should improve the speed of the menu (looking forward to that!).

flashflash

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, incase anyone cares, the sakura hack dual boot -does- infact work on the itouch2, so i just duel load it with the 3.0 itouch firmware under the -y- toggle..

Sure, it may not be the latest sakura but with the paradise theme it sure looks smexy on the dsi screens.. Majority of roms boot off it fine and the 3.o covers those that don't such as ech0es of t1me.. Soooo for the time being, best of both worlds really.

As for the touch2's inability to combat any future nintendo fiirmware updates. DSi ware is all hype no delivery, so I just don't go online to the store or give a toss about the dsi shop thus not really concerned about the carts lack of ability to redress any nintendo updates.. I get none!

I need to see the goods before Ichange my mind about the dsi shop, but right now it's strictly -fail- and it has been for a while.. I say this in comparison to real carts. Even as carts I wouldnt keep the online offerings.. But again it's been that way for a while.. Many months..

itouch2, only runs in ds mode? Don't even get me started with DSi mode,.. What mode? The first thing manufacturors do when they roll out hardware is show tech demos to the games developers of what "extra" things the hardware can do to get them all excited.. No tech demo of a dsi mode, no DSi mode.. Just camera functionality.

But i heart the larger screensize.. .. so no hate.. heheh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup