it turns on but stop charging!!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by supervenice, Mar 27, 2010.

Mar 27, 2010
  1. supervenice
    OP

Member supervenice GBAtemp Regular

United States
    help!!!!

my dslite was working fine yesterday, i charged it play games..etc.but last night when i was about to charge it,it wont charge..ugh
    but it is still working just not charging

wat to do?

is it the charger or the battery?

help.(noob voice)

[​IMG]

2. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    change the charging adapter / contact nintendo

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Have you tried a different outlet?

Ideally, you could borrow a charger from a friend and see if that works. If not, then it could be a problem inside the DS and you'd have to send it in.

4. supervenice
    OP

United States
    is it the battery?

i think its my charger cause it still boots up,i'll try another charger later.to see if my charger is faulty.

5. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    It COULD be the charger
    - A quick question though - when you plug in your charger & switch it on, does the orange led flash on then off ??

If it does then it COULD also be that one of the internal fuses have blown on the circuit board of the DSLite, if so the only course of action is either send off to get it fixed by Nintendo (if still in warrenty)
    OR
    If you're confident enough with a soldering iron (Or know some1 who is) - you could try & fix it yourself (There's plenty of guides if you google for 'DSLIte blown fuse fix')

Best thing to do is try & borrow a friends charger & battery & swap them around. If the fault still occurs even with different charger and battery - then it's a good chance it's one of the fuses

6. supervenice
    OP

United States

thnx...but your reply is 1 hour late,i had gone to a ds repair shop,they checked it after 20 minutes of testing other battery and chargers...they finally opened it up and....lo & behold..its that freaking fuse i know how to repair but since the repair is only 3 dollars...why go through all that work.

oh well..thank you everyone...gbatemp'ers are the best in the web!!!!!