1. Alpzepta

OP Alpzepta Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    There are dot pixel thing (Dotted Grid) on some place of the games(around the Heart and the Rupee), In this case, a Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword on my 40 inch Sony 40KDL-EX400 HDTV. Is this normal or does my Wii U have a problem? (Look at the picture below.)
    IMG_3153.JPG

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I'm not sure what you mean. the poor quality of the graphics will probably be noticeable, certainly with a tv that size. my tv is only 28". gpu issues might involve a checkerboard pattern on the screen. that's what it does on the 360 anyway.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

btw, it's my understanding that the vwii is upscaled by the wii u to 720p, so you'll notice imperfections.

3. Wiizo

Wiizo Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Does this 'fixed grid' only appear when some transparency effect is going on (like smoke, fog...)? Because then i think its normal, happens on my WiiU + 4K TV too!

Should be the so called 'Dithering'. Apparently most Wii games are only 16bit color depth and the digital signal + barebone upscaling of the WiiU makes those imperfections (that you wouldn't notice on a CRT + analog composite signal back in the days on an original Wii) more pronounced then ever.

4. Extrems

Extrems GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I wouldn't say most, but this game is obviously using the R6G6B6A6 EFB pixel format.

The ordered dithering pattern is amplified by repeated blending operations.

5. Alpzepta

OP Alpzepta Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I guess that what it was... I don't remember see those dotted grid thing on my old Sony Trinitron before it's die on me.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - normal,