It Finally Happened

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Rebound, Jul 9, 2009.

Jul 9, 2009

It Finally Happened by Rebound at 10:54 AM (1,106 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Rebound
    OP

Member Rebound GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    My USB Drive isn't working anymore, I need some help...
    I'm not sure what to do, I'm trying to add games on my previously working with WBFS harddrive but when I format it with the computer (using a variety of different computers) It isn't recognized by the Wii as WBFS format, when I format it with the Wii however, it won't show up on my computer and I can't transfer games on to it.

How do I fix this? I'm thinking that assigning a drive letter should help, but I've had no success in doing so so far, help would be appreciated

2. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    It won't work just using Windows, that can't read WBFS drives. You need to use a tool like WBFS Manager to add and remove ISOs from the drive.
    Hope this helps!

T...

3. Rebound
    OP

Australia
    Thanks, but I already know that
    The WBFS managers need drive letters and since my computer doesn't assign one to my WBFS drive I cant use the WBFS manager with it

4. JohnnyCheeks

Member JohnnyCheeks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Make sure you first format the drive as a FAT32 PRIMARY partition prior to formatting it with your preferred USB Loader info WBFS.

I had similar issues when I first starting using USB Loaders. Having a logical formatted drive will cause weird issues.

EDIT: And be sure to use a good 3rd party hard drive utility, like EASUS Partition Master.

5. Rebound
    OP

Australia
    Holy Shit it Works!
    I LOVE YOU [​IMG]
    It's Conduit Time haha [​IMG]

6. Jaz808

Member Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I never hadd that prob with a brand new WD Elements 250 portable, just plugged it into the wii formatted it, and started loading games, then when i plugged it into the pc, had to be usb-2 as usb-1 couldnt power and read with the one plug, the pc seen it straight away, when i clicked on it it asked to format it, i said NO, loaded WBFS choose the drive letter and bingo

7. hdhacker

Member hdhacker GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Windows has a dumb limitation on FAT32 being only 32GB. You don't have to actually format the partition in Windows. Just create a primary partition and assign it a drive letter. Formatting just takes extra time you don't need since it's going to be reformatted with the WBFS Manager anyway.