Hacking Issues with Pokemon Pearl saving.

Dardon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got the Supercard this week, and copied all my .sav files from my R4 card to the new one for my Supercard.

I haven't had any isssues with R4 .sav files, only with Pokemon Pearl. It ignores whatever .sav file I have (the file names match btw) on the card. I tried deleting it and letting the SC make a new file, and I just made a temp save file and saw no .sav file was on the SD card. So I thought it didn't save at all, and when I started Pokemon Pearl up again it did show the save for the temp game.

I tried to mess around with the different options but nothing seems to change. Any help you can offer is a welcome for the SC to play my older save.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try renaming the rom name to something less than 8 characters long, and then making sure the rom name and save name match exactly. I've heard that using an uppercase .SAV instead of lowercase .sav can also help.

The SCDS is a bit picky when it comes to save files, and unfortunately so are the DS Pokemon games, which makes this combination particularly difficult to get working correctly.

Dardon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I figured out it finally. It seems the Save Saver thing was overwriting my .sav file with its data each time, so I just named the rom and .sav file different from before to avoid it writing over and it worked. Plus the date modified time was throwing me off as well.

The R4 always changed the data modified when viewing on windows explorer, the SC doesn't do this it seems. I put my updated dragon Quest .sav file on my R4 to prove this and it was the same location I was from my SC. Not sure why it does it like that.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard is just slightly special when it comes to saves I guess. I had some issues importing saves when I first got mine too (though I got them all working). I hope they address that a bit in a future update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."