Issues with my new 64GB SDXC Card

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Zanow, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Zanow
    OP

Zanow Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    France
    Hi, just received a WINNINGWAY 64GB SDXC Card and tried to launch the homebrew launcher and loadiine on my WII U, it's working perfectly.
    I have an issue though, when it comes to copying many little files, the SD Card takes much longer for the copy.
    For example: If I copy a large file, let's say 1GB, I will be at a rate of 10MB/s, but with let's say 1000 files worth of 1GB, the rate would go down to 20kB/s...
    Is there anyway to speed up the process ? Any program that would copy large amount of files in a "smarter" way than windows ?

2. Rafael Esposito

Rafael Esposito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Brazil
    I would recommend TeraCopy, but I never used it. I've heard a lot about this software.

3. Fabax01

Fabax01 Advanced Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Italy
    As Rafael suggested, use teracopy. It tries to move\copy files at max speed.

4. GBADWB

GBADWB Newbie

Newcomer
    May 12, 2016
    United States
    that behavior is quite normal for storage as that's how data transfers work. there isn't many things that can help it, and for the most part, you are at the whim of the data, as well as the write speed of the SD card you have.

5. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    When you're copying one file, it can copy at the maximum speed because there's no overhead of having to create the file on the SD Card.
    When copying thousands of little files, you will find that your speed drops because Windows has to stop copying and create a new file on the SD Card to store some of the new data in.

6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you haven't already, enable write caching for your SD in Windows. (And make sure you use Safe Removal from that point forward)

7. Zanow
    OP

Zanow Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    France
    Thanks for your advices and explanations, well I think I'm just going to wait until copying is finished ^^
    My brother bought Xenoblade Chronicles and gave me his backup, wanted to try it like two hours ago, but still copying files (more than 20k files, which is a lot ^^)
    Anyway, thank you !