Hacking Issues with my new 64GB SDXC Card

Zanow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, just received a WINNINGWAY 64GB SDXC Card and tried to launch the homebrew launcher and loadiine on my WII U, it's working perfectly.
I have an issue though, when it comes to copying many little files, the SD Card takes much longer for the copy.
For example: If I copy a large file, let's say 1GB, I will be at a rate of 10MB/s, but with let's say 1000 files worth of 1GB, the rate would go down to 20kB/s...
Is there anyway to speed up the process ? Any program that would copy large amount of files in a "smarter" way than windows ?

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that behavior is quite normal for storage as that's how data transfers work. there isn't many things that can help it, and for the most part, you are at the whim of the data, as well as the write speed of the SD card you have.

D

Deleted User

When you're copying one file, it can copy at the maximum speed because there's no overhead of having to create the file on the SD Card.
When copying thousands of little files, you will find that your speed drops because Windows has to stop copying and create a new file on the SD Card to store some of the new data in.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already, enable write caching for your SD in Windows. (And make sure you use Safe Removal from that point forward)

Zanow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your advices and explanations, well I think I'm just going to wait until copying is finished ^^
My brother bought Xenoblade Chronicles and gave me his backup, wanted to try it like two hours ago, but still copying files (more than 20k files, which is a lot ^^)
Anyway, thank you !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?