Issues with certain SNES games on retroarch on PSvita

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. The reason why I might want both is maybe because the original RA might have features over the piglet version? I don't know if it does but that would be my guess. Is there anything the original version of RA has over the piglet one?

As already mentioned......:blink:

The piglet version is basically the same with extra features. . . . . . . (better rendering pipeline, hardware acceleration etc.)
Overall it works for me in the current version better than the with the standard version.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Piglet didn't seem to improve performance with the games I was having trouble with, egh, oh well. One thing I noticed though is how slow the new RA/piglet version is compared to the old version (the one that had the Playstation XMB) it takes upwards of 5-7 seconds to load games and quit out of them. Why? the old version wasn't like this.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Piglet didn't seem to improve performance with the games I was having trouble with, egh, oh well. One thing I noticed though is how slow the new RA/piglet version is compared to the old version (the one that had the Playstation XMB) it takes upwards of 5-7 seconds to load games and quit out of them. Why? the old version wasn't like this.
I really love the vita, but I stopped using retroarch altogether because of the bugs. When loading savestates it would corrupt my game.

Modded switch RA works flawlessly, though. And the switch lite is an exceptional system with the dpad.

RaniaAl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@Fugelmir
I tried these 3 SNES games and they work in 2005 fork flawlessly.Even the FF6 T-Ed.But you must overclock.The only game that won't run in any fork without problems is Song of an angel.
And Far East of Eden works only in PSNES with some framedrops in fights.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really love the vita, but I stopped using retroarch altogether because of the bugs. When loading savestates it would corrupt my game.

Modded switch RA works flawlessly, though. And the switch lite is an exceptional system with the dpad.

I like the Vita because it's small and light. Switch would be too big for me, even the lite. The slowdown isn't that bad, it's noticable and was hoping to fix it. But I can live with it. Is SNES emulation on PSP better? I know GBA emulation is so I'm wondering about SNES.

The game I'm having issues with is mostly Yoshi's Island. It mainly lags in the intro and when I complete a level. Some of the levels chug to. Mario All Stars has some lag in places as well although not as bad as Yoshi's Island. I heard YI in general is just a little bit finnicky with emulation in general.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the Vita because it's small and light. Switch would be too big for me, even the lite. The slowdown isn't that bad, it's noticable and was hoping to fix it. But I can live with it. Is SNES emulation on PSP better? I know GBA emulation is so I'm wondering about SNES.

The game I'm having issues with is mostly Yoshi's Island. It mainly lags in the intro and when I complete a level. Some of the levels chug to. Mario All Stars has some lag in places as well although not as bad as Yoshi's Island. I heard YI in general is just a little bit finnicky with emulation in general.

There were instances that I remember where snes9x WAS better on the psp (at one point). SMW seems likely to perform well, but Yoshi's Island, I wouldn't bet on it.

RaniaAl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No,the SNES Emulation on PSP is not better.Many games have framedrops and soundcrackling and often freezes.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my (unfortunate) experience, running SNES emulation on any Sony device (PSP, Vita, PS3) has had issues, particularly with game freezing and save states causing game freezing. Standalone emulators on PSP and Retroarch on the others. I've never had a problem with them on PC, or on Nintendo devices (3DS, Wii, Wii U - haven't modded the Switch - all Retroarch for me). Which is sad but Nintendo just works best on Nintendo, I guess. All of those devices have some level of built in SNES emulation for VC, after all. In contrast, all the Sony devices have perfect PS1 and PSP emulation... and we can't seem to get that just right on Nintendo consoles for a variety of reasons. I run the Wii U for pretty much all Nintendo emulation and miscellaneous Retroarch consoles, and the Vita and PS3 for all Sony emulation, separately. It's not as wonderful as having an All-In-One, so to speak, especially since it looks like you'd prefer that in portable usage. But closest I've found to get to it. I think the Steam Deck may be the answer, but I don't have one.

Reactions: Fugelmir

RaniaAl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can't say that.Played a lot Nintendo stuff on PSP and now on Vita.These portabels are perfect for 8/16Bit games with his crisp screen.Emulators on Vita gets better and better with each update.Even GBA and SNES are great playable.Rare freezes yes but nothing serious in my Experience over the years

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say that.Played a lot Nintendo stuff on PSP and now on Vita.These portabels are perfect for 8/16Bit games with his crisp screen.Emulators on Vita gets better and better with each update.Even GBA and SNES are great playable.Rare freezes yes but nothing serious in my Experience over the years
I will have to try more SNES on the Vita but I had several games, even Link to The Past freeze up on me (not one I consider hard on an emulator) and haven't really tried since. Display wise, yes its awesome. No knocks against the Vita, totally underrated beast. But I stick to Vita and PS1 games on it for the most part.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will have to try more SNES on the Vita but I had several games, even Link to The Past freeze up on me (not one I consider hard on an emulator) and haven't really tried since. Display wise, yes its awesome. No knocks against the Vita, totally underrated beast. But I stick to Vita and PS1 games on it for the most part.
I beat ALTTP on my vita and had no issues. I'm not sure about this but I think certain games that utilize mode7 a lot are the ones that have the most issues. Like Starfox and Yoshi's Island.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
PsVita is a 11 years old device, SNES emulation was cool to have but modern solutions are much better nowadays.
Any recent chinese opendingux/android console will be far better at emulating the most demanding SNES games.
Forget PSP, really.

Reactions: Fugelmir

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PsVita is a 11 years old device, SNES emulation was cool to have but modern solutions are much better nowadays.
Any recent chinese opendingux/android console will be far better at emulating the most demanding SNES games.
Forget PSP, really.

If my Vita ever breaks I'm probably gonna go with one of those options to be honest. I did have a Retroid Pocket 2 at one point but it wasn't good enough for N64 emulation. The steam deck is great for N64 emulation but it's a big beefy portable and I'd like something smaller for next time. I just love the vita due to it's GBAesque form factor.

Reactions: lincruste

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo