Homebrew Issues running cia's

Firehouse1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea if this has been asked before or not, but whenever I try to run a cia VC game anymore on my Old 3ds or xl, it tells me:

"This is New 3DS software. It cannot be used on this system."

As far as I know, I'm updated on everything and it's just started happening this past week. What the heck happened?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea if this has been asked before or not, but whenever I try to run a cia VC game anymore on my Old 3ds or xl, it tells me:

As far as I know, I'm updated on everything and it's just started happening this past week. What the heck happened?
What game are you trying to run?

bob1212

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what game is it because it’s probably new 3ds only

Last edited by bob1212,

Firehouse1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I backed up a copy of Donkey Kong Country 2 from my SNES and created a cia out of it to play on my 3ds. It worked fine, seemingly, then now nothing. I'm perplexed as what's going on.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I backed up a copy of Donkey Kong Country 2 from my SNES and created a cia out of it to play on my 3ds. It worked fine, seemingly, then now nothing. I'm perplexed as what's going on.
SNES vcs need new3ds consoles to run, if the other was fully made for the old console thats the one you want to keep with.

Firehouse1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES vcs need new3ds consoles to run, if the other was fully made for the old console thats the one you want to keep with.

Interesting. I was scrambling around like "OMG, WHAT DID I TWEAK AND NOT REMEMBER IT?!?!" But, if it worked before, I wonder what caused it to stop working suddenly? Considering I was using both an old 3DS XL and old 3DS.

Anyways, thanks for the input. I'll just use Twilight Menu, I reckon. That does still work.

Firehouse1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an SNES VC creator for the O3DS, but it's actually a wrapper for Snes9x. The actual VC is indeed N3DS only.

Understood. I don't know how it originally worked. Probably a fluke. But I'm just playing on SNES9X now after finding out wouldn't play on twilight either. Oh well.

Modding is fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-