Homebrew Issues after installing Luma3ds please help!

Shrykull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed luma3ds and everything on my o3dsXL without any issues however:

1. I tried updating my nephews o3ds regular size and Decrypt9 will not launch just cycle back to homebrew, however the CFW and everything seem to work fine.

2. I updating my friends o3dsXL using soundhax and everything like homebrew and other cfw seems to work fine but if I turn on the o3dsXL without the SD card inserted the power light just turns on and than off again and it wont power up. Not sure if I did something wrong here ut can someone please help with this?

ItsGameBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about your first issue, but I definitely know about your second issue. When you installed A9LH on your friend's 3ds system, it now relies on the SD card. So basically, the SD card is now the "heart" of the 3ds, which is why the 3ds failed to boot, which is also normal.

Shrykull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about your first issue, but I definitely know about your second issue. When you installed A9LH on your friend's 3ds system, it now relies on the SD card. So basically, the SD card is now the "heart" of the 3ds, which is why the 3ds failed to boot, which is also normal.
is there any way to fix this with the backups?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt9 can only be launched on firmware below 9.6(?) IIRC with HomeBrew without the aid of Fasthax/Safehax, or from an A9LH payload. If you already ran fasthax, renamed the D9 payload and ran safehax and it should work. If you mean you already installed A9LH (CFW) then you don't boot D9 from HomeBrew or Safehax, you boot it on startup by holding "start" and turning on your DS.

As for your second issue, you either followed a different guide other than the one here, or you completely ignored section V. This part has you copy your armloaderhax.bin to CTRNAND with FBI. Then your DS will boot without the SD card.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it