MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

so I've installed Ubuntu on my PC a few months ago, so I'm now running Windows 10 and Ubuntu in dual boot. Everything's working as expected, except for my WiFi adapter, the TP-Link WN822N v4. Basically my problem is this:
If I plug the adapter into a USB 2.0 port on the back of my PC it works fine on Windows but in Linux, it's really slow and most of the time, I have to unplug and plug it back in after a reboot. If I plug the adapter into a USB 3.0 port, it works fine on Linux but on Windows, I always have to unplug and plug it back in after a reboot or I'll just get a BSOD after a few minutes.
Does anyone have an idea how I could fix this? It's such an annoying problem.

Thank you!

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the drivers from the TP-Link site and install/manually check that the wifi adapter is using them.
I use a TP-Link USB wifi adapter with win 10, a different model to you, but the built in drivers are shit for me, don't get bsod, but appaling d/l speeds, as soon as i change drivers, jumps to full speed.

MichiS97

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the latest drivers installed on Windows. Maybe I should check the mainboard drivers though...

MichiS97

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sooo, I've updated the drivers for both the WiFi adapter and my mainboard but no dice, the problem still persists.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol