Hacking Issue with saving and formating

Azurius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a bit of a problem with saving. I managed to put a 3ds game into my R4i gold deluxe edition, and the game is running fine, but how do I save the game? There aren't any instructions about this, do I just save the game like "in the game", or is there a special menu where I need to save the game? Also, everytime I want to put a new game in the microsd, I must format it to access it, which erases all of the data in it. So if I want to change the game, then all the saves from the previous game will be lost, right? How can I change this?

Regards

WDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes you save normally in game. The way i personnaly do it is:
1:Save
2:Quit the game using the HOME button
3:Exit the game using the 'Y' button.
4:Power off the console
5:Remove the card

I think all this doesn't matter, but i prefer to do it properly and i think i saw this way of doing it on a forum.

Azurius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! Do you also have the issue of the formating thing? I really don't want to start a game, then change the game and all of my saves on the previous game will be erased, that would be really annoying.

WDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not to sure about this. Some games save on the SD card while other games save on the cart itself. As about formatting and switching i still need to explore the whole affaire before i can concluded. You might have a faster and a better chance to find your answer on the web.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's anything like Gateway, then the saves will be stored on the big SD card. The only data your micro SD card would have is the 3DS ROM written as an image on the micro SD. You should regularly back up your saves anyway, in case there's any corruption when you go HOME+X+A, as is the case about 40% of the time (in my experience with Gateway) on firmware based on Gateway's 2.0b1 firmware.

In other words, every time you format and write a new game onto the micro SD, all your saves from previous games will be in the big SD card, so will not be formatted since they're not on the micro SD.

Azurius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I don't know much about the gateway 3ds, so I can't really compare. I should give a more detailed account. So, when I use the windisc to transfer the games into the microSD card, I need to format the microsd card each time, which will lead to it being erased. The current game I'm trying to play is fire emblem for the 3ds. I really don't want to start the game and go far, just to it being erased incase I want to change the game, and I can't really buy a microsd card for each game. I have googled and googled, but I can't find an answer.

Azurius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I should add again that I have the R4i Gold deluxe 3ds, so I don't know if it works the same as the gateway 3ds.

bigfatlisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi the save is definetely saved to the big sd card in the 3ds.

I can confirm this because I have been working on a massive skylanders swapforce save file with some friends.
They use gateway and I use r4i gold delux, we pass the save files to each other when we have added more figures in.
To enable me to do this I have to remove the big sd and copy the save file from it.
1st post but hope you have some faith in me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up