Issue with NSP installation?

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello,

I have a problem with my Erista Switch 13.0 and AMS 1.2x. When i connect my switch with Tinfoil over USB than installation is often aborting, first seconds transfer is blazing fast and after it stops or nearly stops and then quiet often i get a time out error.

Could it be possible that the Nintendo USB-C Cable is not good for Datatransfer? (with Goldleaf i had the same issue, with DBI aswell).

Thansk in advance

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
could be a bad nsp, have you tried other sources, the stock cable should be just fine for data transfers.

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hello,

Thanks for your answer, yes, i tried it with several, but always the same. When i use TinFoil then it starts really fast for the first 500-1000MB transfer and then it goes down to zero and in the end slowly i comes up again.
Same issue with DBi except here you can see the transfer rate, but always stops on large files and gets a time out.

Perhaps Bad Driver? I have currently the Tinfoild_Driver.exe installed.

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello,

Thanks for your answer, yes, i tried it with several, but always the same. When i use TinFoil then it starts really fast for the first 500-1000MB transfer and then it goes down to zero and in the end slowly i comes up again.
Same issue with DBi except here you can see the transfer rate, but always stops on large files and gets a time out.

Perhaps Bad Driver? I have currently the Tinfoild_Driver.exe installed.
intresting, what happens if you put the .nsp file on the sd card and installing using the switch itself? also, i know its strange but maybe update sigpatches?

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
@trepp Never did that before.. but when i transfer files to the switch mostley using FTP.
What would be the best application to install NSPs on the switch? Tinfoil?

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@trepp Never did that before.. but when i transfer files to the switch mostley using FTP.
What would be the best application to install NSPs on the switch? Tinfoil?
My problem wasnt the same as yours, but I had problems installing games with Tinfoil over USB and switched over to Awoo Installer, and everything was fine.
My issue was that my games were installing, but then they would refuse to load and give me an error. Some games worked while some didnt, and I couldnt figure out why. DBI was giving me the same issues as well. But it was only with Awoo Installer that everything worked.
Give Awoo Installer a try and send the NSPs using NS-USBLoader from your computer.

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
@Rune

Thank you for this Tip, i did already, but for some reason NS-USBLoader had problems with the USB: Connected or Disconnected status, i tried to transfer but befor it starts it aborted already :(

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Rune

Thank you for this Tip, i did already, but for some reason NS-USBLoader had problems with the USB: Connected or Disconnected status, i tried to transfer but befor it starts it aborted already :(
Maybe its the cable, or maybe the port you are using?
Try another cable and a different USB port on your PC.

evilone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
@Rune yes, i thought this as well, but when i use the USB-A > C cable, it has the same effect than a 100W USB-C > C cable which is directly connected to the PC, but the effect is the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu