1. dingusmingus

OP dingusmingus Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How goes it folks. Heres my situation. I am running FW 5.1.0 using SXOS. I have downloaded and put the HBMENU.nro and the appstore on my microSD with the NRO in the root and the appstore in the \switch folder as required. Currently when I boot into SXOS I can go to the homebrew section and see the app store. I CAN click on the appstore and get it running. However, once it is up and running both joycons become un-responsive. I can not control the menu system nor can i use the touchscreen BUT, if i press the home button it will take me back out to the main home screen so the system is not locked up. This also happened when i manually but on the RetroNX NRO as well. It would fire up and become unresponsive completely however the home button would take me back to the home screen as it is supposed to.

Anyone else experiencing this "bug"? Is there a fix?

Thanks for the replies!

EDIT-- all other functionality of SXOS is working. I am able to load backups with no problem and the system works as it should...For some reason this is only happening with anything Homebrew related. This is obviously shooting down my dreams of emulation without having to boot directly into some other option. Trying to keep everything accessible via home brew. As for my SD Card it is formatted in exFAT. I dont know if that is having an issue with homebrew or not but i figured i would mention it...although i don't see why that would affect my joycon useability only on homebrew apps.

Last edited by dingusmingus, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Penhawk

Penhawk Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, I'm having the exact same problem, except im using switch firmware 9.0.0 and the newest version of kosmos alomg with the newest version of atmosphere. it took me forever to re hack my switch but once i finally got the hb menu up, my joycons wont work on anything homebrew related.

3. Magik0722

Magik0722 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am also having this problem.

4. Terrorize420

Terrorize420 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Its already been said that the homebrew libs need to get updated to 9.0.0 to make controls work on homebrew

falby likes this.
  5. REDFirmware

REDFirmware Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    I'm with 9.0.1 with the latest version of Atmosphere and fusee-primary payload and I have this problem !

Last edited by REDFirmware, Oct 20, 2019
  6. aclearersky

aclearersky GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Has anyone figured out a fix for this cause mine is doing the same?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

HAs anyone figured out a fix for this issue. I just updated to 9.0.1 and now i can load up hbmenu then the controllers quit responding. Touch screen works fine but nothing else

7. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The appstore wants to be located in "sd:/switch/appstore/". Also, make sure you are entering the HBMenu via title override and NOT applet mode.

8. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Get the latest kosmos releases and delete everything except your Nintendo folder, xci,nsp important files and put clean files

update the firmware using choi if u don’t want to update sysnand then create emunand first and update that

imput device library drivers was updated to work on 9.0

9. aclearersky

aclearersky GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks ... I just used kosmos updater and it fixed the problem. A file must have gotten corrupt cause my Mac doesn't play nice with the switch

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Homebrew, Joycons, Issue