Issue GPD G1 with AOKZOE A1 Pro

itkermit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,

I have a problem with the AokZoe A1 Pro console. I purchased an external graphics card, the GPD G1, and connected it to the console, installed the latest AMD drivers for both the internal and external graphics cards. Unfortunately, a few minutes after connecting it to the USB4 port, the console disconnects the external graphics card without any apparent reason.

I found a workaround on the Internet, which involves disabling the integrated 780m graphics card in the Device Manager. When I do this, everything works fine, except for one issue: the console's screen remains active with backlighting, but there's no display - it's black. However, you can see that the screen is being lit up by the LEDs.

Is there a way to make these two pieces of hardware compatible without having to disable the integrated graphics card? When the card is enabled, the problem with the active backlighting doesn't occur, and it displays everything on the second screen with the console screen turned off. However, after a few minutes, it disconnects the external graphics card and reverts to displaying on the console screen.

Based on information I found online, the GPD G1 works perfectly with the dedicated GPD console. Perhaps there's a way to fix this through software to make it work seamlessly with the AokZoe A1 without these workarounds? The performance boost from this graphics card is significant!

I found a Reddit thread discussing this issue:
Please help, do you have any ideas?

tansoftware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok... Do the following please:

1. Remove the old driver using AMD's Cleanup Utility.
2. Install the latest AMD Adrenaline driver.
3. Plug the eGPU in the upper USB-C port.
4. Plug a 100w power brick in the lower USB-C port.
5. Power on your device and let Windows boot up.
6. Go to power management and disable PCI Express Power Management (Set to maximum performance / no power saving).
7. Open OneXconsole and set your fan manually to maximum speed at 100%.
8. Go to Advanced Graphics Settings, select your game from the list of apps, and designate your eGPU as the primary GPU for that specific game. That way, you will disable your iGPU for that specific game without having to disable your iGPU completely from the device manager. Your game will run using the eGPU as its primary graphics card.

Do not rely on the eGPU to power your A1 Pro. The power draw from the A1 Pro exceeds what the eGPU is able to pass thru and will overload your eGPU's power delivery leading to constant eGPU disconnects.

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: