Issue after installing update to EmuNAND on rxtools via internet exploit

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lazarus77, Sep 5, 2015.

  1. lazarus77
    OP

    lazarus77 Newbie

    Newcomer
    9
    0
    Sep 5, 2015
    After installing the EmuNAND via RxTools exploit on a SysNand of 4.5 I no longer could access the exploit via the internet. I tried clearing history and data and cookies but none helped. In a desperate attempt to try again I formatted my SD and tried again to produce an EmuNAND from scratch but I no longer can get to the exploit at all now; what should I do?

    EDIT: forgot to mention this was after formatting the EmuNAND to unlink them and THEN I updated (the EmuNAND) as was told it wouldn't matter which was formatted.
     
  2. lemanuel

    lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

    Member
    2,095
    1,092
    Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Did you update your sysnand by mistake? Have you checked the firmware?
     
  3. lazarus77
    OP

    lazarus77 Newbie

    Newcomer
    9
    0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Just checked, still on 4.5. I guessed as much though because the UI for the home menu is the same :(.

    P.S. I get the "an error has occurred" message when attempting to launch rxtools via the internet browser
     
  4. lemanuel

    lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

    Member
    2,095
    1,092
    Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Well.. could be worse then.

    It's only the browser exploit that doesn't work?
     
  5. lazarus77
    OP

    lazarus77 Newbie

    Newcomer
    9
    0
    Sep 5, 2015
    I don't have the MSET exploit, and no flashcart to hand :(. Also check the edit "P.S." above
     
  6. lemanuel

    lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

    Member
    2,095
    1,092
    Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Hmm... do you have the files for rxTools in your SD card? Double-check.
     
  7. lazarus77
    OP

    lazarus77 Newbie

    Newcomer
    9
    0
    Sep 5, 2015
    After reformatting my SD i placed the original files needed to produce an EmuNAND back on the SD and tried again to no avail so currently there is the RxTools folder,Nintendo 3DS folder (with random numbers inside and sbs folder where it should be), firmware.bin, rxtools.dat and slot0x25keyx.bin in the root folder
     
  8. lemanuel

    lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

    Member
    2,095
    1,092
    Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Hmm... strange. I'm trying to think of what might affect it but I can't think of anything. According to what you said that you did, there should be nothing affection the functionality of the browser. So it's strange to not work now.
     
  9. lazarus77
    OP

    lazarus77 Newbie

    Newcomer
    9
    0
    Sep 5, 2015
    The sad thing is it was all working perfectly even after the format until I upgraded the EmuNAND from within it. Then it stopped working... Is there anything I can check?
     
  10. lemanuel

    lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

    Member
    2,095
    1,092
    Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Well... the obvious thing that could have happened when you updated emunand was that you actually had updated sysnand. And you already checked and know that it wasn't that.
    So it could also had been some problem with the files on the SD card but also already checked that.

    So I really can't think of anything else that would affect the browser or the exploit from all you said. Maybe someone else will be able to give some input about this.
     
  11. doctorgoat

    doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    624
    234
    Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    Launching from browser should work if you have the correct files on the SD card, even if you don't have the DS profile exploit or anything.

    It's not 100%, though. I've actually had it fail 6x and if it was browsing to it in the browse each time i probably would have thrown my system.
     
  12. lazarus77
    OP

    lazarus77 Newbie

    Newcomer
    9
    0
    Sep 5, 2015
    For some reason this one time out of 18 tries i've done it's worked - is there anyway to quickly install the MSET to make sure this won't happen again?
    and how to I install FBI into H&A??
     
  13. lemanuel

    lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

    Member
    2,095
    1,092
    Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    You can install the Mset exploit just using the browser instead of a DS flashcart. I'll try to find the link.
    About FBI into H&A, can't really help since never felt the need to try.
     
  14. lazarus77
    OP

    lazarus77 Newbie

    Newcomer
    9
    0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Not just FBI but any CIA installer for that matter; and thank you for looking for link :)
     
  15. lemanuel

    lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

    Member
    2,095
    1,092
    Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Found it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-spider-ds-profile-roploader-4-x-only.380725/

    I don't remember exactly how it works but I'm sure the comments in the thread should explain more clearly than the first post.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    Actually I think there's easier way if you simply use FBI to install Mset. I found this in the guide:

    For more info: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
     
  16. lazarus77
    OP

    lazarus77 Newbie

    Newcomer
    9
    0
    Sep 5, 2015
    So now the issue is that within the FBI installer on the last step on the tutorial you gave me it won't install it due to a database error - I followed their help but it didn't work. I am on a mac so that's possibly why, is there any way I can find the .db files elsewhere
     
  17. lemanuel

    lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

    Member
    2,095
    1,092
    Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    I don't know about that. Maybe try to ask in FBI thread or rxTools thread.