Hacking Issue adding more games to Sky3DS

TouhouCirno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first few games I had on the cart worked without a problem. Now I've ran into a problem where if I add a new game and have it show up as my active game, it changes to the next one automatically. If I hold the blue button before the game changes it won't change and I can play it just fine, but the blue light keeps blinking and it will not save. I've tried multiple SD cards and it did not solve the problem. If I re-add any of the games that worked before they will still work, it's only new games that are having problems.

Has anyone had this issue before or is my card just defective?

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried reformatting the card? I had some initial flakiness with my Sky3DS where it refused to change games at all.

I have a Mac, so I used Disk Utility to clear the partition table and recreate a single FAT32 partition. I then used Diskwriter to prepare the SD Card and copied all my games back. After that, everything worked great.

I also have a *real* SanDisk SD Card.

TouhouCirno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried reformatting the card? I had some initial flakiness with my Sky3DS where it refused to change games at all.

I have a Mac, so I used Disk Utility to clear the partition table and recreate a single FAT32 partition. I then used Diskwriter to prepare the SD Card and copied all my games back. After that, everything worked great.

I also have a *real* SanDisk SD Card.

Yeah I tried reformatting my card a few times to see if anything happened, no luck. Got my Sandisk SD card at a Radioshack but ran h2testw just in case and it's real.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your blue button Sky might be a red button one in disguise - seems to me that you're suffering from the autoscroll bug. No biggy, there's ways to circumvent it.

TouhouCirno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your blue button Sky might be a red button one in disguise - seems to me that you're suffering from the autoscroll bug. No biggy, there's ways to circumvent it.

That's what I was thinking, but I got the cart from r4is.com which is suppose to be a trusted site so figured maybe it was something else. So how do I get around the autoscroll bug?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's what I was thinking, but I got the cart from r4is.com which is suppose to be a trusted site so figured maybe it was something else.
Judging by your description it's either that or a defective cartridge - how many games do you have on it? Over 10 overall, including ones you've deleted?

TouhouCirno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judging by your description it's either that or a defective cartridge - how many games do you have on it? Over 10 overall, including ones you've deleted?

Right now I only have two on the card, Codename Steam and Etrian Mystery Dungeon. Steam works fine but skips Etrian. Just checked the games I've used and Etrian was the 11th I added.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Right now I only have two on the card, Codename Steam and Etrian Mystery Dungeon. Steam works fine but skips Etrian. Just checked the games I've used and Etrian was the 11th I added.
You're autoscrolling, it's no coincidence that this popped up with the 11th game. You can live with this or you can return the cartridge.

TouhouCirno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're autoscrolling, it's no coincidence that this popped up with the 11th game. You can live with this or you can return the cartridge.

The issue is if I select the game while it's scrolling past I get a "The game card has been removed" error. If I can get the game to run by holding down the button to stop the scrolling it won't save.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The issue is if I select the game while it's scrolling past I get a "The game card has been removed" error. If I can get the game to run by holding down the button to stop the scrolling it won't save.
I believe you have to patch the games to EEPROM NO in order to make them save beyond the 10 game mark and starting from the 11th game you shouldn't feature games from the original 10 on the same SD card, there's a guide about this somewhere on the temp. Seeing that you were duped though I'd just return the product as faulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol