trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IDK about project Diva I've heard that one lags, but in kingdoms hearts I have it as a CSO and I haven't installed the data and it works perfectly. I've always wondered, why does the kingdom hearts birth by sleep tell u to install the data?
KH does lag, not very noticeable to be distracting. Game offers the option to install data to reduce load time.

With Project Diva, the lag can throw off your timing and cause you to miss a note.

BlackAngel5

Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
IDK about project Diva I've heard that one lags, but in kingdoms hearts I have it as a CSO and I haven't installed the data and it works perfectly. I've always wondered, why does the kingdom hearts birth by sleep tell u to install the data?
KH does lag, not very noticeable to be distracting. Game offers the option to install data to reduce load time.

With Project Diva, the lag can throw off your timing and cause you to miss a note.
oh ok, i thought that might be the reason. well, i don't mind having it lag a bit if it means i can fit one more game in, so I guess im ok :yay:

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using level 1 compression rather than level 9 can alleviate most lag. Generally there is only a 5-15MB difference in filesize between level 1 and level 9...

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assasin's Creed works fine as a CSO for me, and I compress my ISOs to a level of 9, so it should be good
I've been playing it as an ISO, will compressing it mess up my saves and such?

No, it won't mess up your save. I know from experience. However, sometimes changing from one cfw to another will corrupt your saves. There IS a way to fix them if that happens, but its tedious as all hell. Just thought I'd add that info in case u ever encounter that problem.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ISO > CSO, forever and always.

CSO was a format used back in the olden days when there were no SD adapters and prices of Memory Sticks were sky high. Nowadays you can easily equip your PSP with twin-16GB SD cards or a huge Memory Stick Pro Duo for the fraction of the price you'd pay then. It was a necessary evil, but its time has passed.

Unless you're a glutton like myself, you don't even need that much space - I've got 16GB in right now and I already carry a lot of games. Unless there is zero decrease in performance, aka, the game does not contain parts where resources are streamed live rather than pre-loaded, CSO is a big no-no. Longer loading times and in many cases lag is not a good trade-off for those few MB's of space, not when you can cheeply expand storage capacity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there